Jungle Law by K. Piet

Other authors: S.L. Armstrong

Series: Love Is Always Write

143683,257 (4)None

NannyOgg13 | May 26, 2018 |
With roots firmly in Tarzan and Jungle Book land, this is a fascinating story about a leopard shifter, Kaanan, and a human, Deshi, who couldn’t have more different backgrounds if they tried. Their common outlook and willingness to learn makes them more compatible than I initially believed, and gives this story a flavor all its own. I really liked the way the authors helped us see the world from Kanaan's point of view, how some things were suddenly very simple when looked at with so-called "uncivilized" eyes.

Kaanan is a creature of the jungle, and lives by its laws. Harsh, but true, and his observations, the smells and sounds he perceives, give us a very interesting picture of his world. It is entirely non-human most of the time, when he is in his leopard form, and becomes more human-like when he is a man, but remains totally untamed. Initially, Kaanan is very unforgiving in his thoughts. The human poachers encroaching on his territory deserve no less than his anger (in my opinion), but the young man who is their prisoner is a different matter. A difference that Kanaan refuses to see, until he meets Deshi.

Deshi is very young, has not had an easy life, and suddenly finds himself face-to-face with a leopard. Or so he thinks. I loved how Kaanan was sensitive to Deshi's fear, but the young man isn't to be deterred. Despite the language barrier, he manages to learn how to survive, and gets to know Kaanan extremely well. His progress is halting at first, but he is learning how to deal with a world that is entirely unknown to him. The descriptions of how he deals with it were wonderful, as was the growing emotions between him and Kaanan.

If you like stories that take you "out of this world" into a different realm, if a wild man and a "civilized" man meeting and struggling to understand each other fascinate you, and if some hot action in the jungle sounds good to you, then you will probably like this book as much as I did. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
I liked the premise of a shifter guarding his animal species, loved the slow eroticism and the sweet nature of the boy. A simple, clean and sensual tale with a hint of D/s. ( )
  Steelwhisper | Mar 29, 2013 |

K. Pietprimary authorall editionscalculated
Armstrong, S.L.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,765,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible