The Student Prince by FayJay

The Student Prince

by FayJay

Incredibly well written, I am amazed that this is unpublished. While it might be considered "fanfic", how the author uses the characters to create an entirely new environment is brilliant!

I completely recommend this book. It is now on my favorites list! ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
"I've created a monster, haven't I?" said Merlin, staring at the animated figure incredulously.
"I think that, technically, I was already a monster," the dragon replied. "Now I am a monster with social networking skills. Or I would be if I had a Twitter account. And possibly a Facebook. Do I want a Facebook? Is it a book of faces? Is it the same as MySpace? Which of course begs the question: what is MySpace?"

I LOVE THE DRAGON!

This book is extremely awesome! The banter, the sense of humor, the characaters, the story and the whole world building result in a brilliant and immensly entertaining read.

The romantic part was prettily done, too. It was definitely a very, very slow burn, as it took more than 200 pages to the first real kiss. And it was so worth it!

I loughed out loud more than once, was teary eyed at the "big gesture" and fell in love with the dragon. Merlin and Arthur (and all other characters) were so well described, through showing who they are, not telling - absolutely great. I also loved the insight into student life and University Tradition at St. Andrews.

A wonderful read - I bow to the awesomeness of it all! ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
I had a lot of fun reading this book. Wish there were 35 more chapters to read. :) ( )
  Nightcolors | Apr 8, 2013 |
This is a free online story which tips the scale at around 400 pages. It seemed much shorter since the time flew by, it is just that good.A young Merlin is off to uni to continue his studies into physics and, yes, Magic. Arthur, his assigned roommate, is an international studies student, and yes, the heir to the throne. To say they don't hit it off is an understatement.This is funny, engaging, and evenly paced. And there is a dragon. ( )
  PeggyDow | Aug 9, 2012 |

A modern day (BBC) Merlin AU set at the University of St Andrews, featuring teetotal kickboxers, secret wizards, magnificent bodyguards of various genders, irate fairies, imprisoned dragons, crumbling gothic architecture, arrogant princes, adorable engineering students, stolen gold, magical doorways, attempted assassination, drunken students, shaving foam fights, embarrassing mornings after, The Hammer Dance, duty, responsibility, friendship and true love...
145,248 Words Complete

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible