Of Dark and Bright by Kate Sherwood

Of Dark and Bright

by Kate Sherwood

How can you like and be annoyed with a book at the same time? That was me with this one. I loved seeing the guys together again. But there was So. Much. going on in this book. And at the first sign of trouble, you would think after two years they would have got their sh*t together a bit. Evan and Chris really ticked me off, and it was never really worked out (because of all the other stuff going on at the time), so I think that's why I can't rate this any higher.

I do hope we get more of the boys in the future (especially with their new addition), and hopefully we get Chris' story sometime too. ;) ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
Hard to rate this one. 4 1/2 for the relationship building, but 2 stars for the crazy sister plot line.

This is a much shorter book than the others and I see this as mostly just a finalization of the relationship. What I did like is how at the end of the novel the guys finally figured out a way to function, without trying to kill each other. Yet, we could tell that it was still a work in progress.

So, I hate to say it, but I am giving it a three star. The passion that I felt in the beginning (no, I do not just mean sex passion) seemed missing in this book. The sex scenes were hot, that's not what bothered me. They felt forced and I did not feel the emotional connection I felt in the first two novels in this one.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but honestly when I do re-reads I will probably just read the first two. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible