The Break In by Sloan Parker

The Break In

by Sloan Parker

The whole idea of breaking into a former lover's place to lie in his bed while he is out is really funny. As Sloan says, this short story was inspired by a song, but she definitely gave this version her very own, and very naughty personal twist. Not to mention the light humor that morphs into sadness when Billy tumbles into the apartment one fateful Friday that will change everything. The feelings of regret and wishing to make things undone permeate Billy's thinking, and, never mind what he did to mess up his relationship, he definitely wants what he had back, and I felt for Billy.

What follows as Doug and Roger come back unexpectedly early is hilarious, hot, and just a little bit creepy at the same time. Without time left to escape, Billy ends up hiding under the bed, the description of which is the funny part. The two men kissing and getting ready to make love is hot, and the fact they don’t seem to know there is someone under the bed (who would even suspect?) is just a bit creepy. However, in an ingenious stroke of romantic inspiration Sloan solves it all and made me breathe a sigh of relief. What a great ride!

If you like stories that are as hot and funny as they are romantic, if you appreciate a few twists here and there and like the totally unexpected, and if you're looking for a short, satisfying read with just enough angst to get you going, then I can definitely recommend this free story.
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
A sweet short story. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
4.5 stars ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
I don't read stories about poly relationships much as they're often badly handled but this was perfect. The scenario I imagined in the beginning was completely off and I loved the surprise. The men coming together again was tender and sweet and I admit that tears did fall. Wonderfully done. ( )
  jules0623 | Mar 31, 2013 |
  jules0623 | Mar 29, 2013 |

Sloan Parker is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,609,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible