Super Sock Man by Amy Lane

Cute, adorable, super sweet, and with a message of joy and hope, this story captured my heart. It was interesting to see it build right in front of my eyes, starting small and gradually adding pieces until I saw the whole picture of who Donnie and Alejandro were to each other. There isn’t a lot of information about who they are outside their changing friendship, but it wasn’t important to me. Somehow that exclusive focus on each other was just right for this.

Donnie starts out with a crush on Alejandro, who is, at first, only his elder sister’s roommate. As he grows up, his adoration and yearning doesn’t change, and I loved it that one ‘mistake’ actually led to him starting to ask for everything. Fearless, full of hope and with lots of joy in his heart that he wants to share, Donnie is one of those guys you just have to love.

Alejandro is lost. He doesn’t even know it, and would never admit it, but he is drifting along without much direction. He has a career, he has enough money from his rich parents to survive, but his life is empty. Alejandro is tempted by Donnie once he wakes up to the fact that he is now a man, all grown up and ready to explore a relationship. I loved how he tried to resist (and we do, eventually, find out why) – but finds there is no way he can stop the force of nature that is Donnie.

I was wondering about the socks on the cover, and how knitting would make it into the story, and was not disappointed. If you’re looking for an all-round sweet, feel-good story, if you like reading about young men trying to find their way in life discovering it’s easier and more fun with someone special by your side, and if you (like me) want to find out what those socks have to do with it – give this story a try. I loved it, and think you will too.

NOTE: This book was provided by Dreamspinner Press for the purpose of a review on QMO Books. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 14, 2017 |
It was a good story, but I would have liked it to be a little longer, and maybe have a little more of a conflict. I do love Donnie, and it was interesting to get his take on what happened between he and Chase because after reading Chase in Shadow, I thought maybe Donnie was interested in Chase, and Chase turned him down, so he moved on the Yandro, and that's why Chase felt so horrible because he had a chance with Donnie but gave it up. I'm glad Yandro wasn't Donnie's second choice though because I think they are adorable together. It was also good to know that Donnie was already picking up on Chase worrying about taking care of other people while he was miserable. I'd like to see a sequel to Super Sock Man which goes more in depth with Donnie and Yandro's relationship, but also where you get more of Donnie's thoughts about what is really going on with Chase. ( )
A funny, sexy, romp. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |

Knitting Series Donnie's crush on his sister's roommate, Alejandro, has gone beyond childhood dreams-and it's driving Donnie insane! So when Donnie gets a chance to house-sit for his sister and Yandro, Donnie doesn't feel alone. He's got all his vivid fantasies to keep him company! Can a little dumb luck-and a little help from a magical homemade gift-help Donnie's fantasies come true?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible