With Wings by Z. Allora
134723,089 (3)None

Not working for me, so stopped reading.
  Nightcolors | Apr 8, 2013 |
There's just something about this style of writing that turns me off. It's very similar to other writers of the same genre (as pointed out in other reviews) and I had the same issue with those books. I couldn't finish it. ( )
  jules0623 | Mar 31, 2013 |
  jules0623 | Mar 29, 2013 |
A pure yaoi novel, like it was long I haven't read; it’s like the author wanted to claim, I love Yaoi, and so what? She never once tried to make it pass for something else, and she pushed all the by the book buttons: young, cute and pretty characters, long hair, big eyes, pop start, I’m straight/I’m not gay, Gay for You, Gay Virgin, and if you toss some other rule, it’s probably here. So no, this is not a novel for whom doesn’t like this type of story, otherwise they will start to find the “flaws”: yaoi is yaoi, and we all know it’s to entertain and not for realism.

When the story starts, it’s clear that Darius “Dare” Stone, apparently straight guitarist of all boys rock band The Dark Angels, is already a little in love with Angel Luv, the very gay lead singer. He is still in denyal, playing the card of “I’m straight”, but no one believes him, neither him. On the other side, to everyone except Dare, it’s clear that Angel is wooing him, and that the impromptu travel to Bali to “work” on their songs is a cover to a seduction plan.

Oh, and here another rule I almost forgot: Angel doesn’t really wait for Dare to make pact with his mind on being attracted by Angel, but he almost forces the guy. Sure it’s not rape, you cannot really call rape when you have oral sex with a man when he is sleeping, awakening him in a most wonderful way, but well, Dare for sure didn’t say yes, and of course he was not able to say no when it was too late.

From that moment on, Angel will do everything in his own to completely debauch this dark angel, and the novel is a sequence of pretty sex scenes, where our two heroes play the fantasies of many girls and boys, seeing two pretty boys making out.

So yes, this is a good story, but be aware of what you are reading: a yaoi novel.

elisa.rolle | Sep 24, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible