Terrance (The Severing, #2) by D. J. Manly

Terrance (The Severing, #2)

by D. J. Manly

212,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added bySerenaYates, PeggyDow

This second volume of The Severing is just as amazing as the first. Another mystery needs solving, the characters are wonderful and detailed, the murderer is gruesome – what more could you want? Oh yes, a healthy dose of romance nicely weaves through the story, never interrupting the main storyline, but always supporting it. I started reading this book happily anticipating that, by the end of it, I would once more be totally terrified. I’ve really come to treasure these occasional ‘horror sessions’ with one of DJ’s scary stories, and this one sure didn’t disappoint. It was great to see Alex and Terrence again, as well as some of the others from ‘limbo’ who get to make an appearance too.

Terrance, as the title suggests, was the focus of the book. I loved reading more about him, understanding what makes him tick, and see his ‘talent’ in action. As gruesome as the situation became, it’s a good thing he was around to save the day yet again. His suffering as he figured things out was made a little better by Alex’s support, but I believe these two have yet further to go in their ability to truly work together. What we have seen here is (hopefully) just the tip of the iceberg of their cooperation.

Alex has come far since the first book. He is still learning about Terrance’s abilities, which was a great way for me to learn with him as I read. With him firmly established in this world and Terrance’s clear understanding of whatever else is out there, the pair of them don’t just work well together, they actually need one another. Alex isn’t as afraid to ask for what he needs anymore as he was before, and even if the things he finds out about through Terrance scare him, he stands by his lover.

While you’ll need strong nerves to get through this book, I can only recommend it to you – even if you’re a ‘thriller and horror wimp’ like me. If you’re the least bit curious about the supernatural world and if potential human reactions to it interest you, this story is one of many possible answers to what might be ‘out there’. And if you cannot ‘see’ it in your own life, this book can help give you a glimpse, making you, at least for a short while, one of those ‘who see more’. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,475,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible