Mirror of Shadows by T. Lynne Tolles

Mirror of Shadows (edition 2012)

by T. Lynne Tolles, Erin Potter (Editor), Aleksie O'Konner (Cover Design)

Member:sjm2227
Title:Mirror of Shadows
Authors:T. Lynne Tolles
Other authors:Erin Potter (Editor), Aleksie O'Konner (Cover Design)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 200 pages

Mirror of Shadows by T. Lynne Tolles

deceit (1) family (1) fiction (1) greed (1) murder (1) mystery (1) read (1) suspense (1) to-read (5) YA fantasy (1)

Won this in a goodreads giveaway! I will review upon my reading this book.

-Due to some moves this year I was a bit behind my reading, but now I am back on my books and hope to review soon. :)
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
The story starts with the death of Ella’s grandmother and with Ella discovering details regarding her inheritance. The story is aimed at New Adult as there is no bad language or sex in it.

I liked the characters in this book, especially Ella and Jeremy (and not forgetting Boo the kitten!)

The ‘mirror of shadows’ in the title didn’t play a huge part of the story just set the scene and moved it on when needed. It had a touch of paranormal about it and I enjoyed the ‘mirror’ aspect of it.

It was a little predictable and Ella was very naive but I’m not sure if that was because of the intended audience. Overall though a good read and something I would recommend for the age group indicated (and those of us who are very slightly older!) 4/5

autumngirl70 | Apr 3, 2013 |

I liked the characters in this book, especially Ella and Jeremy and not forgetting Boo the kitten!)

sjm2227 | Feb 26, 2013 |
I received this book via Library Thing's Member Giveaways.

Ella inherits her beloved grandmother's estate, which includes a big rundown house that she chooses to restore and live in. It gives her a good opportunity to escape her mother, a drug addict not above mooching off others' kindnesses and wallets.

Ella finds herself in danger and haunted by dreams she can't understand. She will have to fight for what belongs to her and choose who to trust when it seems there are many who would exploit her inheritance and are willing to kill in the process.

Mirror of Shadows is a good, light beach read. I did find the plot line predictable and Ella was far too naive, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this mystery romance with just a touch of gothic drama. ( )
  leesalogic | Nov 30, 2012 |
I loved this book! I finished it in one day, that's how good it was. It grabs you from the very beginning and keeps you until the end. fabulous read. Very well written, flowed wonderfully. The characters were very well developed, I felt like I knew them all, the good ones and the bad. I highly recommend this book to all readers. It is a fast read, you will love it, as I did! I received this book through member giveaways to give an honest review. ( )
  bookworm1954 | Nov 8, 2012 |

Ella McKaye returns home for her grandmother's funeral to find she's inherited a ton of money and a run down mansion she never knew existed, called Grey Manor. Her greedy mother is appalled when the will stipulates specifically that Ella can't give her any of the inheritance.  She quickly throws Ella out of her home forcing her to take up immediate residence in the spooky old mansion.

Within minutes of entering her new home she has a strange interaction with a creepy old mirror in the main hallway and the ghostly inhabitants of the past get more and more agitated the longer Ella's there. Nearly fatal back to back accidents make Ella start to wonder if she's angered some ghost or if there is something more sinister at work.

Will Ella unravel the deadly mystery before she becomes a ghost herself? Or will fate take another one of the Grey ancestors to the grave.

T. Lynne Tolles is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,157,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible