Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1) by…

Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1)

by Caris Roane

I got this book as part of the Dark and Dangerous, Six-in-One Hot Paranormal Romances Boxed Set.

2.5 Stars ~ Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose #1) by Caris Roane

Embrace the Dark is book one in Caris Roane The Blood Rose series. Earth has opened up to many Realms and Abigail has come to Merhaine to open a bakery. With her stepping foot into another Realm and meeting a mastyr vampire has caused her body to change. Gerrod is leader of Merhaine and has been obsessing over Abigial, but keeping his distance for over a year; after all she is only human and can never fulfill his needs. We get a little action, lots of detail on the world and creatures, and a little sex (not so spicy).

Gerrod, mastyr vampire of the Merhaine Realm was an interesting vampire. Always putting his people first before his needs. He never takes time for himself and Abigail has observed this and feels a need to comfort and make him smile.

Abigail is human a blood rose; which means she produces more blood then her body needs, can eventually turn into a vampire (if she choose to bond with a mastyr), and gets some extra cool gifts. At the time she meets Gerrod she has no idea what she is, but soon leaners why her body is changing.

Will they both fall to temptation and find contentment in each other…

This is my first time reading Caris Roane and I found Embrace the Dark to be an interesting concept. The idea and plot are not bad, but the book was poorly written with some awkward sentences and poor editing in areas. It needed to be longer to get a better feel for the world, supernatural creatures and the battle they are facing. What the author tried to do was paint a vivid picture of the lives of these characters and their worlds with great detail and clarity, but there was just too much story here for the limited amount of words! With all that detail in the begging it's a little slow going. I also never felt the connection/love between the leads Abigail and Gerrod. It was lacking the hot and spicy feel to me.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 16, 2016 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Abigail and Gerrod are from 2 different worlds, separate realms, but are instantly drawn to each other. Mastyr vampire Gerrod of the Merhaine Realm, takes the responsibility of the well being of his people very seriously and he will not allow anything to distract him from his duties especially not a human girl and more especially when they all are under the constant threat of an Invictus attack.

But when an innocent touch off-sets skills within Abigail that should be impossible for a human to access, questions arise. And some instinct within drives her to his side, begs him to feed from her and relive himself of the blood starvation common amongst mastyr vampires.

Soon they are faced with dangers that no one anticipated, but Abigale just might be the answer to all of Gerrod's problems.

This is a paranormal romance but with just a enough fiction to make it different from the rest.

eARC provided in exchange for an honest review ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
Caris Roane is my favorite author. She never disappoint me. Five stars! ( )
  LysaJP | Feb 22, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,340,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible