The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan

The Heiress Effect

by Courtney Milan

I’m a big CM fan, and I’d read a paper bag if she wrote on it!

However, she chose to write another book, thank goodness, and surprise-surprise, I loved it.

I adored this heroine who was such a unique character. I guess that’s why I love CM’s books so much. She literally molds characters right in front of my eyes. I felt like watching Jane emerge from a cocoon and showing me all these .... thanks for jumping to b2b to finish reading my review ...

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Another book in the same universe as The Duchess War, this time involving heiress Jane Fairfield, who has to stay unmarried so that she can protect her sister from the sort-of-well-meaning torments inflicted on her by her guardian, who’s seeking to cure her sister’s epilepsy. Oliver Marshall, the duke’s half-brother, has political aspirations, and they can’t be reconciled with Jane’s over-the-top personality. More banter, more attraction and external barriers. Frothy. ( )
  rivkat | Aug 3, 2016 |
Jane Fairfield has never been a proper lady. Her clothes are too bright, her voice too loud, her manners never quite the thing. Unsuspected by her social circle, however, is that Jane is doing everything in her power to keep it that way. So when she meets Oliver Marshall, she continues to be too much. And while Oliver knows that a man with political aspiration like himself should never even contemplate courting a woman like Jane, he just can't keep her out of his thoughts.

I thoroughly enjoyed this second entry in the Sinister Brothers series. Jane, with all her foibles, is thoroughly endearing and watching Oliver battle with his political aspirations and his fight to be more than his past, the character development was thoroughly worthwhile. Jane's humour also made me laugh quite a bit and I was very pleased with the eventual happy ending. ( )
  MickyFine | Dec 28, 2015 |
Courtney Milan, the goddess of historical romance that she is always manages to take my breath away. She writes people, really imperfect, sad and unsure of themselves and their role in life. She also doesn't do cliches. Jane and Oliver are mad, hilarious and brilliant be that on their own or in a cracking tandem. Please, I beg you, even if you don't think you like historical romance, try this one. You don't know what a gem you're missing. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
"" ( )
  b00kworm72 | Sep 1, 2015 |

Superficial world
Lady in fuchsine pink dress
Revenge tastes so sweet
(Lizbeth978)

Miss Jane Fairfield can't do anything right. When she's in company, she always says the wrong thing--and rather too much of it. No matter how costly they are, her gowns fall on the unfortunate side of fashion. Even her immense dowry can't save her from being an object of derision. And that's precisely what she wants. She'll do anything, even risk humiliation, if it means she can stay unmarried and keep her sister safe. Mr. Oliver Marshall has to do everything right. He's the bastard son of a duke, raised in humble circumstances--and he intends to give voice and power to the common people. If he makes one false step, he'll never get the chance to accomplish anything. He doesn't need to come to the rescue of the wrong woman. He certainly doesn't need to fall in love with her. But there's something about the lovely, courageous Jane that he can't resist ... even though it could mean the ruin of them both.… (more)

Courtney Milan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,641,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible