How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill…

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You (original 2012; edition 2012)

by The Oatmeal, Matthew Inman

Member:GoThouGeekly
Title:How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Authors:The Oatmeal
Other authors:Matthew Inman
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 136 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by The Oatmeal (2012)

Recently added bykylepotter, BradWeirich, MaraBlaise, jwuetcher, private library, oroxine, J.Riley.Castine

English (30)  German (1)  All languages (31)
Half of the book worked for me, the other half...not so much.

What worked was stuff like this:

What didn't work:

The bobcat comic just wasn't that funny to read. It was more "I hope this isn't the rest of the book. I seriously hope something is coming after this instead of this boring comic". And luckily it was just part of the book and then it got fun to read again.

Then we have this part and is this suppose to be funny? I just read and though "wtf?"...

Review also posted on A Bookaholic Swede and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 27, 2015 |
4.5 Stars

I saw this and I just had to buy it!

I have two cats,(evil as hell) and reading this book made me half way die laughing and go, yeah my cats does that. But then I start thinking, my laughter stops, are my cats trying to kill me?... Well that would clear something's up...well, now what do I do? [panic ensues]...lol..

I love the comics, the artwork, and it came with poster!

You should really pick up this book, if you know cats, have a cat, (or don't, you'll still get it)you'll bust a gut, but at the sametime, in the back of your mind, you'll think, Is he really?

Sleep with one eye open. lol

Chow

Emily ( )
1 vote E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
This is a funny book to read & if you have ever owned a cat....you will know for sure what the author is expressing. Really like reading an Adult comic book, well illustrated! Some of the material is expressed in a "potty mouth" way but it is just a hilarious book. You will laugh! ( )
  Jjean7 | Mar 10, 2015 |
Not really a graphic novel but a collection of cartoons, I'm guessing from newspapers. For anyone who is a cat owner, there are a lot of "oh... yes... my cat has SO done that..." moments, and most are funny. A few are laugh-out-loud funny! I was given this book (hard copy), and I am happy to own it. It is not for kids, however, as there are some raunchier skits in it.

A quick read with glossy pages and nice color, and British humor (which I like). ( )
  KVHardy | Jan 2, 2015 |
Matthew Inman is hilarious. I had some good giggles reading this. It probably would have been a great deal funnier if I owned a cat (or if a cat owned me). ( )
  fueledbycoffee | Aug 26, 2014 |
6 ways to tell if your cat thinks it's a mountain lion

A hilarious, brilliant offering of cat comics, facts, and instructional guides from the creative wonderland at TheOatmeal.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,422,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible