All He Ever Needed by Shannon Stacey

All He Ever Needed

by Shannon Stacey

Nice and fast read. I liked the characterization and the story. Can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I liked the story but the plot was predictable and when the heroine accepted the situation she lost credibility. I am intrigued by the rest of the family and their stories. Carefree Mitch returns to his hometown to help his brother and is attracted to the dinners new owner Paige.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I really liked, but there was something missing in there for me to transform this great book into an awesome one. I think maybe it was mitch's personality, which rubbed me the wrong way sometimes, or the dilema of not knowing what to do or say to eachother until the very last minute. There are a couple o stories mentioned in here that I would really like to read and they are Ryan's and Josh's. Let's hope the books keep getting better and better. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I fell in love with Shannon Stacey's work in [b:Yours to Keep|11530122|Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1307103876s/11530122.jpg|15666798]. I read this series out of order (and it's a good thing I did, considering I really disliked book 2). And I have to say that with this book, it wasn't as good as I remembered.

I had a hard time connecting to the characters, and quite honestly, didn't even remember them. Granted, it's been a long while since I've read about the Kowalski brothers, but I seriously had zero recollection, so a lot of the names getting tossed around were foreign to me.

The plot was engaging enough; the premise less-so. It was a little too been-there-done-that for me. The characters were likeable, with the exception of Mitch's excessive between-the-sheets action with nearly every person with a vagina in their small town. The detailed recollections of his exploits (as a teenager and adult) got really old, really fast. It's fine for the hero (or heroine, for that matter) to have a past--most do. But it's another thing entirely for that past to be thrown in the readers' faces around every corner.

Besides that, though, I did enjoy the characters. Paige was tough and smart and just a little snarky. She was a good friend and a strong woman (even if she had to remind herself to be so from time to time). Mitch was a good brother and friend, and had his moments when he said the right thing. He was missing the swoon factor for me, though.

A couple things I didn't care for: the multiple POVs this is told from. The Rosie sub-plot was unnecessary, in my opinion, and I would've rather had that time to get more in depth with the relationship of Mitch and Paige.

Finally, while the arc was handled nicely, the build-up and climax evoking emotions in the reader, for me, the ending was just too sappy, too sweet, too cheesy to be enjoyable. Granted, an author has to practically be a magician to make me enjoy ILYs in a book, but even so...these seemed so incredibly out of character and uber rushed, it was hard to enjoy.

Also, would an epilogue hurt anyone??? I hate having all the time with our characters spent before they realize they love each other, and would love to see even a smidgen of time devoted to their happily ever after.

In the end, not a bad read from Ms. Stacey, but it's definitely not up to par with others I've read from her. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373777558, Mass Market Paperback)

He won't stay put for a woman, and she won't chase after any man…

Mitch Kowalski lives out of a suitcase—and he likes it that way.

After a nomadic childhood, Paige Sullivan is finally putting down roots. Determined to stand on her own two feet, she lives by the motto "Men are a luxury, not a necessity." But when Mr. Tall, Dark and Hot pulls up a stool in her diner and offers her six weeks of naughty fun with a built-in expiration date, she's tempted to indulge.

They're the perfect match for a no-strings fling. Until they realize their sexy affair has become anything but casual…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:05 -0400)

"Mitch Kowalski lives out of a suitcase--and he likes it that way. Traveling for work has the added bonus of scaring off women who would otherwise try to tie him down. But when he's called home to help with the family lodge, he's intrigued by the new girl in town and her insistence that she doesn't need a man. If there's one thing Mitch can't resist, it's a challenge. After a nomadic childhood, Paige Sullivan is finally putting down roots. Determined to stand on her own two feet, she lives by the motto 'Men are a luxury, not a necessity.' But when Mr. Tall, Dark and Hot pulls up a stool in her diner and offers her six weeks of naughty fun with a built-in expiration date, she's tempted to indulge. They're the perfect match for a no-strings fling. Until they realize their sexy affair has become anything but casual"--Publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,532,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible