Collision by Cassandra Carr

Original and Full Review done for http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot.com

Somehow, I’ve managed to get on the auto-ARC list for Cassandra Carr....dunno what it happened but I am certainly not complaining!:) Ever since Talk to Me, I knew there was something about her writing that appealed to me and this one doesn’t disappoint. It has Cowboys. It has rope. These are certain check-boxes that a cowboy-perv like me enjoys. However, this one worked for me on a few more levels.

Leah was not an easy character to like. She hated the Ice Queen nickname yet perpetuated it constantly with her attitude. The constant name dropping of designer labels made me realise that she was quite a materialistic person but, after a few chapters, I realised something more; she was a very lonely woman. She had few friends, she didn’t have any family to speak of and the person she checked in with on a daily basis was her employee. I started to realise that the image was probably a purposeful decision. She had no clue how to cope with Brady. I don’t think I would know how to deal with Brady, but what she decided to do was slake her lust and keep him at arm’s length. Yeah, that one always works out well!!

Brady was hot. Not only did he sound hot (multiple references to muscled chest, lovely thighs and a fabulous arse) but he was truly yummy in his seduction. He was bloody arrogant with it but I assume if you have several women an hour coming up to jump all over you, you’d get a little bit of an ego. He had already decided that she was going to sleep with him before she had. He was right though. The thing I liked the best about him was how aware of her feelings he was at all times. That plus his sexy times techniques, which were ice-meltingly hot (I’m sorry, I can’t seem to stop), made him a lovely lovely hero.

The question I always I ask when I review Romance books is "Do I like the hero and heroine together?" Yes, I really did. They were quite adorable together; he was constantly considerate to her needs and she became less uptight. They also had incredible chemistry; I have never ever had to write I hated the sex in a review of a Cassandra Carr book. To be honest, this book was good sexy fun that wasn’t filled with angst and drama. So what was the one thing that stopped these two having an easy ride? They would rather assumptions than actually speak to each other. Always a good plan when you are psychic but not so much any other time!

A fab book with some very smutty scenes and a cowboy who likes to tie up his lady friends and torture them with pleasure. Look out for the scenes where he turns on the seduction...yum!
  Scorchingrevs | Sep 21, 2013 |

Cassandra Carr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible