Secrets of a Wedding Night by Valerie Bowman

Secrets of a Wedding Night

by Valerie Bowman

I must admit this is my first time reading Valerie Bowman, but won’t be the last. With this début book she managed to hook me real good to this series and make me care for her wonderfully created characters.

In this story she introduces us to a hero that is ‘all that’ and more. Devon Morgan, Marquis of Colton, is not happy with the pamphlet that is circulating all over London society and which he believes Lily, Countess of Merrill, a widow that ditched him on the night of their elopement, has written it to purposely dissuade his virginal fiancé to marry him. He is ready to face her and get his revenge on her.

Lily on the other hand is as strong-minded, stubborn and determined as he is.

It took awhile for her bruised heart to heal, and she isn’t happy to see him as he’s not what she needs at this time. She has many obligations that need taking care of and a man of his reputation is not what she wants. Neither can help the chemistry that sparks when they’re together, and God help those that find themselves in close proximity to them.

For a début this was .......I thank you for jumping over to b2b to finish reading my review!

Melanie for b2b

*Book provided by the author ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |

Lily on the other hand is as strong-minded, stubborn and determined as he is.

For a début this was well written and paced, so that it held my attention from the start. The chemistry between Lily and Devon had me spellbound with its tension and sensuality. Their love scenes were emotional and moving.

I also found their characterization and situations they found themselves in entertaining, funny and tension filled which kept me glued to the story.

Highly recommend it and hope you’ll give this author a try.

*Book provided by the author ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
I tried reading this one year ago, and had to put it down because I just wasn't in a reading mood. I saw it on the shelf at work a couple of weeks ago and picked it back up. I loved it! Lily and Devon were so good together. I just wish people would communicate better in these romances. But then, that would take away a third of the book. ;) I have Anne and Jordan's story in hand and cannot wait to start it. ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
3.5 stars ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Wow. This book was AH-Mazing. I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed the premise of the story and thought it was pretty original. I'm really looking forward to reading more from Valerie Bowman! ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |

To stop an innocent girl from marrying the Marquis of Colton, who had broken her own heart five years earlier, young widow Lily Andrews anonymously writes a pamphlet entitled "Secrets of a Wedding Night" and garners the ire of the Marquis.

Valerie Bowman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,983,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible