Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy) by…

Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy) (edition 2013)

by Leigh Bardugo (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy)
Authors:Leigh Bardugo (Author)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2013), Edition: 1, 448 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

The writing style in this book became much improved compared to the first one in the series, and I found myself waiting with baited breath for what would happen next.
Cleverly written, this book is impressive in scope and shows evermore of the workd Bardugo has created, showing the limits of Grisha Magic. ( )
  m_mozeleski | May 13, 2018 |
4.5 Loved this book! It introduces one of my favorite characters in the series and really kept things flowing nicely.

Alina and Mal are on the run from The Darkling and soon gain one of the most unlikely of allies to help save Ravka. But their ally holds a secret of his own.

Additionally, Alina must decide how she allows the world to see her, even if it costs her the most important thing she cares for. Who is she to Ravka? Saint? Grisha? Queen? The decision is hers to make. ( )
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
I really enjoyed the first book in the series. The second book in the trilogy was so boring. Most of the book was just terribly insecure and jealous characters. I could probably have tolerated if anything was happening outside the first 100 pages and the last 40 pages. ( )
  Jillian789 | Apr 16, 2018 |
  Jillian789 | Apr 16, 2018 |
This was a slow but engrossing novel that builds up quite nicely to the 3rd and final volume.
Alina and Mal are not on good terms and i don't like that at all! i feel like Mal should have been sympathetic to Alina's situation to save Rakva! Now, he's all pissed off and fighting for no reason!
I enjoyed the new character Nikolai, very much. He's kind of like the Magnus bane comic relief character who turns out be so much greater later
The Darkling is back! *swoons* He is a great villain who has some AMAZING complexities that i enjoyed thoroughly
The ending excited me a lot
I loved the fact that the final fight is HERE!! The Darkling is playing absolutely no games and it's going to be fun finding out how the Darkling's death will affect the characters ( )
  WokeNerdWriter | Mar 27, 2018 |

Wang, JenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Für meine Mutter,
die daran glaubte,
als mir der Glaube fehlte.
The boy and the girl had once dreamed of ships, long ago, before they'd ever seen the True Sea.

Hunted across the True Sea and haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,748,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible