Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan…

Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made (edition 2013)

by Stephan Pastis, Stephan Pastis (Illustrator)

Member:skullduggery
Title:Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
Authors:Stephan Pastis (Author)
Other authors:Stephan Pastis (Illustrator)
Info:Walker (2013), Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Children's Lit & Picture Books
Tags:children, fiction, humour, primary school, school days, illustrated

Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson (nessreader)
    nessreader: Same kind of relationship between rascal boy and his alter ego

I would have given it a two except I knew I was reading the book for my students. You see, the third and fourth grade students will love this book. It reminds me much of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, which I do not care for but my kids do. The main character, Timmy Failure, has ADHD and a very active imagination. He applies his unique gifts to every situations and, as one might imagine, things do not turn out well as a result.

There is a small sadness in the book that I am not sure the author meant to convey. Timmy's mom is a struggling single parent. Timmy is left to his own devices, a lot, and a new boyfriend is introduced and eliminated rather quickly. Dad?? Timmy struggles in school and is oblivious to the needs of others.

I also did not go for a fourth star because of two word choices; asinine and be-jesus. My students are always asking me why authors put "bad words" in books for kids. Not all kids swear or use inappropriate phrases. It actually makes many uncomfortable and they usually return the books in case there are others. ( )
  weisser4 | May 3, 2016 |
While definitely a read for younger teens and pre-teens, some of the jokes might certainly go over their heads. Packed with puns, irony, and the stupid groan-worthy humor Stephan Pastis features in his syndicated comic "Pearls Before Swine," Timmy Failure is the world's worst (and funniest) detective. ( )
  mpelleg | Feb 15, 2016 |
Witty fun that can be enjoyed by gifted and reluctant readers alike. Short chapters, a breezy pace, and those bug-eyed cartoons will inevitably appeal to "Wimpy Kid" fans. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
Timmy Failure mistakes were made By: Stephan Pastis
I really like the book because it had a detective them. I like the polar bear he’s really funny. The two main characters are the polar bear and the kid on the cover. I will recommend this book . Why let me tell you. This book is good to read it’s funny. It has a detective them. The kid and his polar bear own there own company. They solve case but little kids case. He charges how long it takes to solve the case. He calls his mom’s ride the Failure moble. This book is fiction and i really like fiction book. Why l like fiction book is because i like drawn charters. Sometimes i don't like books because they don’t interest me. The ending is amazing but i don’t want to spoil it for you guys so you guys have to read it yourself. I expected that the book would have a twist.
  aban9893 | Dec 15, 2015 |
Take eleven-year-old Timmy Failure — the clueless, comically self-confident CEO of the best detective agency in town, perhaps even the nation. Add his impressively lazy business partner, a very large polar bear named Total. Throw in the Failuremobile — Timmy’s mom’s Segway — and what you have is Total Failure, Inc., a global enterprise destined to make Timmy so rich his mother won’t have to stress out about the bills anymore. Of course, Timmy’s plan does not include the four-foot-tall female whose name shall not be uttered. And it doesn’t include Rollo Tookus, who is so obsessed with getting into "Stanfurd" that he can’t carry out a no-brainer spy mission. From the offbeat creator of Pearls Before Swine comes an endearingly bumbling hero in a caper whose peerless hilarity is accompanied by a whodunit twist ( )
  cay250 | Dec 28, 2014 |
To my uncle George Mavredakis. Thank you for everything.

Meet Timmy Failure, the founder, president, and CEO of the best detective agency in town, probably the nation. And his lazy sidekick, Total, a 1,500-pound polar bear.

16 wanted4 pay3 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,510,336 books! | Top bar: Always visible