I'll Put 3 Chips On God - just in case…

I'll Put 3 Chips On God - just in case there is one

by Preeti Gupta

Disclaimer: I received this book from LibraryThing's early reviewer program in exchange for an honest review.

I identified with the author early on in this book, although we ended up taking separate paths, the initial impetus was much the same. I've read this a couple of times, and will end up reading it a couple more, a good read for the middle aged person wondering what it's all about.
  Dr_Tarr | Oct 12, 2015 |
I was concerned that author Preeti Gupta would be too preachy, but her writing is very talented, clinical, and even-keeled. She is open minded, and while her writing is fantastic, the book did not hold the reader to the story. It was more of a declaration; maybe even a review. Somewhere between the textbook genre, and a novel. It made the topics of religion, spirituality and faith accessible (and funny!), but the tone is lacking definition. I would recommend it to friends interested in broadening their knowledge, but I'm not sure for what other purpose. ( )
  kristincedar | Dec 24, 2014 |
Interesting thinking. I can relate to much of what she says. Preeti is a deep thinker and can express her thoughts well. I can totally agree with soul energy. I’m not into the whole God thing, but since it only gave that idea 3 chips, I thought would give it a read. Cute sense of humor and a wonderful open mind. I grew up in the 70’s and those questions were always a topic. Drove me nuts. I would get up and leave. They are back today with better ideas than the 70’s God run. Well written. ( )
  mahree | Oct 13, 2014 |
This is a book that discusses karma and questioning your spirituality. The author talks about her personal journey and beliefs. This is a good starter book if you are questioning religion. ( )
  HeatherBennett32 | Mar 24, 2014 |
This book is a look into spirituality through reincarnation ideals and karma. The idea portrayed is that we all have soul energy that is part of us and by means of good karma and bad karma we live over and over until our karma equalizes and we are able to reach nirvana. Based on the title, I was not expecting a book about reincarnation more about evidence for why there is or is not a god. The book is fun filled but a bit scattered with the author’s ideas running amok and never really stating any evidence as to why reincarnation and karma are the way to go other than personal preference. ( )
  vibrantminds | Dec 26, 2013 |

Agnosticism + Logic + Faith = My Spirituality. These are the ingredients in my ice-cream cone, along with Soul Energy, Reincarnation, Karma, Detachment, Vegetarianism, Astrology, Meditation, and the Ego. I believe these concepts make some sense based on the tenets of logic and science. Even to a skeptic like me. But I am entitled to change my mind at any time. If tomorrow someone were to show me some indisputable, miracle-backed proof that their way is the correct way and I will go to Hell if I don't squat on one foot chanting 3.5 times a week, I will happily throw away my chocolate cone and switch to strawberry. For now, here is what I believe and why....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:50 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Preeti Gupta's book I'll Put 3 Chips On God - just in case there is one was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Preeti Gupta is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,444,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible