Men of the Cave by Marisette Burgess

Men of the Cave

by Marisette Burgess

511,436,638 (3.5)None

I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Men of the Cave by Marisette Burgess centers on Kasey, a girl who tries to escape her past by becoming an exchange student abroad, and Dion, a handsome, charismatic yet odd love interest. We see alternating perspectives between the two of them as Kasey discovers that Dion has some secrets that blow her mind and change her world forever. The rest of the book centers on the danger that surrounds Dion's world.

I am torn about this book. Initially, I struggled through this book and didn't know if I would make it to the end, but then halfway through, something happens. The characters are more developed, and the action finally starts. I have seen this issue countless times-- it's very difficult to see where a book should start because there is all this back story and development that has to happen before. However, I think this is where the book should have started. I love the location that Burgess places these characters and her ideas for the world building are interesting.

That said, the slow beginning where we endure Dion and Kasey getting to know each other and working through their odd, stilted conversations (I honestly didn't see the sparks between them), and the fact that this book needs heavy editing, made me decide three stars. Burgess has potential though, and with the right editor, she can only improve. ( )
  chickey1981 | Aug 11, 2012 |

Raised by unorthodox parents, Kasey Reese has always struggled to be invisible, to not be noticed, to avoid conflict. Running from a broken relationship, Kasey flees to Spain on a scholarship, to restore the comfort she finds in anonymity. Destiny, however, has other plans for her - a life threatening, life-altering journey into the supernatural when she meets the men of the cave.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,241,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible