RED by Kate Serine

Member:TheBooknerd
Title:RED
Authors:Kate Serine
Info:eKensington Originals (2012), Paperback, 374 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013 (inactive), StrangeBedfellows (inactive), eBooks
Rating:*****

Red (Transplanted Tales, #1) by Kate SeRine

Really liked this world! Disappointed that the series doesn't continue to follow Red and Nate though. Kinda weird that it isn't continuing with them considering how the story ended. The mystery was sufficiently interesting, though it was pretty easy to figure out from the beginning. Liked Red and the different characters that were pulled from literature and tales. One thing that bothered me was Nates character. He was built up to be this serious and introspective guy but he never came off that way to me. He was way too leading and airy for his descriptions and others perceptions to make sense to me. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
What I love about this book : I love the use of all the characters (literary and fairy tale) I love how they have a personality and actually were placed so well into the story. I actually liked Red and Nate.

What I didn't like was the ending..In true fashion .. It sucked. I hate books that end like that even when there is a series. Decent Read horrible ending. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |

*Book source ~ Gifted

Tess “Red” Little lives in Chicago and works as an Enforcer for the Fairytale Management Authority. See, ever since a magic spell went wonky and fairy tale characters have been crossing over into human reality, there needs to be some kind of governing body to keep them in line. For the most part they behave themselves or the crimes are petty. But every once in a while Red is called in to track down and apprehend a murderer. When characters are being murdered in a particularly gruesome way and the suspect list contains Red’s former lovers, her boss assigns Detective Nate Grimm to help her with the case. Red works alone and she really doesn’t want the sexy mysterious Reaper riding her cloak, er coat. In the end though, Nate more than proves his worth, but will a happily ever after be attainable?

First off, I’ve been enjoying the fairy tale retellings that have been popping up lately. Some more than others, but I have to say that this one is top of the stack. The plot, world, creativeness, characters, writing and the humor are reasons aplenty to keep me reading. Red is tough yet vulnerable. She’s not perfect, but she does the best she can. She’s had a rough past and she’s a loner, but she’s smart and funny, too. Nate is just yummy. Who doesn’t love a sexy Reaper? Ok, that sounds a little looney, but hey, he’s fictional so it’s ok, right? I’m going with hell yeah! The mystery was enough to keep me guessing and did I mention the humor? I love humor sprinkled throughout a book. I’ll definitely be continuing with this series. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | May 16, 2015 |
4 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
4 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |

"My name is Tess Little. But everyone calls me Red."

Once upon a time, a spell went awry, stranding Make Believe characters in the ordinary world. Since then, Tess "Red" Little--a/k/a Little Red Riding Hood--has worked as an Enforcer for the Chicago branch of the Fairytale Management Authority. But, consider yourself warned--she's not just some waif with a basket of goodies. All grown up and with nothing to lose, a gun and combat boots is more her style. And Red's new assignment threatens to be short on happily ever afters. . .

Someone is murdering transplanted Tales in gruesome fashion. The list of fictional characters capable of such grisly acts is short and includes more than one of Red's old flames. And if that wasn't bad enough, there's another complication, in the form of sexy, enigmatic Nate Grimm, the FMA's lead detective and part-time Reaper. Used to following her own rules and living life on the edge, Red has managed to avoid taking on a partner until now. But Nate's dark side makes him perfect for a case like this. That is, if she can trust him. Because if there's one thing Red knows for sure, it's that believing in the wrong person can have big, bad consequences. . .

Kate SeRine is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,109,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible