Al Capone Does My Homework by Gennifer…

Al Capone Does My Homework

by Gennifer Choldenko

This was a good book, but definitely the weakest in the series. Which is a shame because the sequel was even better than the first. I would still recommend it, I just wish it had been better. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
I really liked the first book in this series, but it is really a book I'd prefer to see as a stand alone. Each book feels much the same as the other. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
Set on Alcatraz in 1936, this YA mystery is about the children of the guards there and their involvement in a mystery. Moose Flanagan is the 13 year-old son of the newly promoted associate warden, a position that brings its own risks. His autistic sister is blamed for a fire at his house and Moose, a loyal caring brother, is determined to set the record straight. Natalie, the 16 year-old autistic sister is described with a lot of care and respect. Thanks to Moose she is not only cleared of blame but makes progress. This story with its excellent characters conjures up life in the 1930s and the aura of Alcatraz. A tween or teen would enjoy this story encompassing a notorious era and the legendary island that Choldenko has researched meticulously. ( )
  VivienneR | Apr 3, 2015 |
I really did like this book I just thought it was a little too long for my liking. The purpose of this book is to solve the mystery of who started the fire, because the Natalie, the main character’s sister is blamed even though she is innocent. There is much more to the story in solving the mystery but because I thought of this book in my multicultural text set, my main focus was Natalie. Natalie is the main characters sister and she has Autism. I like this book because it incorporates her disability through an actual story, rather than just being a factual book about Autism. The purpose of this book is to solve the mystery in time to save the day and take the blame from Natalie, however, it also informed about Autism throughout Natalie’s character. I think many students would find this book interesting because of the main plot, while still learning about different kinds of people throughout the other characters. ( )
  Juliekessler1 | Nov 19, 2014 |

Scheduled for August 20, 2013

Alcatraz Island in the 1930s isn't the most normal place to grow up, but it's home for Moose Flanagan, his autistic sister, Natalie, and all the families of the guards. When Moose's dad gets promoted to Associate Warden, despite being an unlikely candidate, it's a big deal. But the cons have a point system for targeting prison employees, and his dad is now in serious danger. After a fire starts in the Flanagan's apartment, Natalie is blamed, and Moose bands with the other kids to track down the possible arsonist. Then Moose gets a cryptic note from the notorious Al Capone himself. Is Capone trying to protect Moose's dad too? If Moose can't figure out what Capone's note means, it may be too late.

The last heart-pounding installment in the New York Times bestselling, Newbery Honor-winning Alcatraz trilogy is not to be missed!

[retrieved 5/9/2013 from Amazon.com]

"Moose Flanagan, who lives on Alcatraz along with his family and the families of the other prison guards, faces new challenges when his father is promoted to Associate Warden"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible