Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to…

Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace and Personal…

by Jiří David

Meditation is made simple in this book. Those who thought they thought too much, didn't have time, were too restless will find relief in this book. Davidji allows fidgeting and thoughts, and in fact proclaims these are signs that meditation is working. A unique approach that brings meditation to all. ( )
  MartyAllen | Jan 26, 2013 |
This is an amazingly written guide to meditation! But there is so much more! On top of being a fabulous guide to meditating, which he goes through in various ways, he also delves into a myriad of spiritual subjects, such as the chakras and mantras. The thing I love about this book is that Davidji doesn’t talk down to the reader.

I was lucky enough to read this along side The Power of Intention by Wayne W. Dyer. These two together are a fabulous marriage of great understanding of your own mind and body and what our thoughts do everyday. I will be posting a book review on The Power of Intention soon but I have to say, these are my two favorite spiritual books of the summer if not the year.

Secrets of Meditation literally takes you on a journey of meditation. You start literally at page one. And as I said above, Davidji doesn’t assume that you know what you are doing but he also doesn’t assume that you’ve never meditated, therefore the journey is easy enough for beginners but in depth enough for someone that has been practicing meditation for sometime! Like himself. A journey of exploring yourself, that is what this book is. Of reaching that inner state that we can’t get to if we don’t let ourselves grow calm but Davidji does say over and over again that we are already there. We are already enlightened, we just don’t think that we are!

So, from the very first chapter this is an easy read. The meditations get a little more in depth and Davidji lends us a hand and shows us the way and then reminds us that there is no failure. We are who we are and that is all we need to be! Amazing thought!

At the end of the book Davidji does talk about common mistakes with beginners and I thoroughly appreciated that he took the time to address fears that we all probably have. I know I have them and I’ve practiced meditation for a few years! Here are some common myths he shares with us:

You must clear your thoughts! — Do not worry about clearing your thoughts. We have 60,000 to 80,000 thoughts in one day. Clearing our thoughts would really be a feat! Just let go and enjoy the relaxation!
Something special or transcendent is supposed to happen during mediation. — Davidji goes on to say that not only is it normal for a transcendent experience NOT to happen but it only actually happens to a few people!
Am I doing this right? — You ARE doing it right even when you don’t think you are! There is no right or wrong practice to meditation.
If I meditate long enough I will achieve enlightenment. — He goes on to say that we are all already enlightened! There is no need to REACH for it because you already are!
My favorite of all! If I meditate I am a superior human being because I am spiritual. — Meditation always you to connect more often and more deeply with your source. This doesn’t make you or me or anyone else more special than the next human being. We are already special!

He also goes over excuses and ways we keep ourselves from meditating but after reading an entire book on how great meditation is and how EASY it truly is to practice just five minutes a couple of times a day? Definitely makes me want to continue.

Last thoughts? I say if you are someone looking into meditation or already meditating but want to go a little deeper, Secrets of Mediation is a great guide to help you. It was such an easy read but as I said above, not brought down to our level, written at a level of very easy understanding. Fabulous writing style. I’ve been a fan of Deepak Chopra for quite a few years now and now I am a new fan of Davidji. ( )
  NovaReylin | Aug 11, 2012 |

For thousands of years people have tried to tap into the stillness and silence that rests within to discover their deeper selves. In this book, Davidji takes you there, demystifying the practice along the way and guiding the reader on an epic journey into your own consciousness.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,435,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible