Mirror Bound by Leanne Herrera

Mirror Bound

by Leanne Herrera

126768,668 (4)None
community (1) coven (1) covens (1) death (1) ebook (1) Kindle (2) love (1) paranormal (1) powers (1) romance (1) rural life (1) to-read (1) twins (1) witches (1)

I received this book via LibraryThing's Member Giveaways.

The story concept was interesting and I would have liked to learn more about the magic and the coven Anna, our main character, joins.

In some ways, the story was nicely flowing, and other times things felt a little rushed. She was a little too cavalier about finding out about her witchcraft. I would have liked to see her explore more so we could learn more about how magic works in Herrera's world.

In general, I try not to harp too much on grammar and style in small/indy press or self-pub books. In this case the switching between past and present tense was too jarring to not mention in this review.

I think if Herrera went back to clean up the tense problems and added a little more witchcraft development/discovery, this would be a tighter story. I had a lot of empathy for young Anna, who lost so much and had so much to learn about her new life. I liked the romance. I do enjoy reading witch/new age stories. ( )
  leesalogic | Jun 22, 2013 |
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in return for a honest review.

What if you discovered there was more to your past than you were told? Emma returns to her childhood home after her primary caretaker, her grandmother, dies. She discovers that there is more to her than she previously knew. This premise starts Emma's adventure as she unravels the mystery of her past and faces her nemesis.

I read this book as a beta reader. I found it to be a quick, fun read. The main characters, Emma and John, are very likeable. The plot had both "coming of age" and "good vs. evil" themes. This is just the story for people who enjoy subjects of magic or witchcraft. I think those looking for a romance would also like this book. ( )
  KKMcAvoy | Feb 9, 2013 |
I won this book through a Library Thing's giveaway.

Anna has lost so many people in her life. She feels lost and alone. When she goes to clean out her grandmothers home she find more than memories. She finds family. Maybe not the people related to her by blood but by love. Great story line. ( )
1 vote bella55075 | Nov 5, 2012 |
It was very easy to follow. Found it very interesting and kept my attention. I liked the writers pace. Loved the story.
  JudiD292 | Nov 4, 2012 |
“Mirror Bound” by author Leanne Herrera is a fast paced story involving witches, parenticide (killing of one’s parents), filicide (killing of one’s children) and a serious conflict between rival covens. The main story line which involves a young woman named Anna who inherits both her great grandmothers Kentucky farm and her magical powers along with a vendetta makes this an interesting read. The romance that develops between Anna and John, her protector, has a magical quality that fits well with the story line. It is the shock of Anna learning the true story of her past along with her real mother’s treachery which steels her for the good versus evil battle that is the culmination of this story. I hope to see more from this author. ( )
  Zeleg | Sep 16, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Leanne Herrera's book Mirror Bound was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,386,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible