Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep
2411947,848 (3.97)1

This was definitely one of the better books in this book series and certainly an improvement upon the previous two books.

One thing that makes me write that it is better is that it finally have a story where the main thread is not just a variation of the same one used in most of the previous books. In this book Gin is thrown into a situation a’la Die Hard when a bunch of giants stage a hold up on the museum she, and to no one’s surprise Finn and Owen, happens to visit at the same time.

Gin gets plenty of opportunities to demonstrate her skills while trying to save her friends as well as take down the bad guys. As an additional bonus the entire plot ties into Gin’s not-so-favorite lawyer and we are finally treated to a few pages where Gin actually deals with this unpleasant individual.

Quite a few people still seems to hold a grudge against Owen and are complaining about how bad, stupid and other worse things he is. I still do not get this. His reactions are fairly understandable as far as I am concerned and he is in no way the stupid, wussy jerk that Gin’s previous male acquaintance was.

As a whole the book was quite entertaining. Sure, there is the usual tiresome reciting of what any reader that have read the previous books already know, Gin is fumbling around a bit too much considering she is about to be a professional assassin and it is a bit annoying that, every time she is about to strike something silly happens that screws her plans but this is minor nuisances. Gin is still bad-ass Gin who does not hesitate to do some hacking and slashing when necessary.
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
This certainly is not the first book in this collection but it didn't seem to matter as I figured out who was who pretty quickly. The heroine, Gin Blanco, is an assassin and a damn good one. Known as the Spider most fear her and those who don't should. Talked into attending a Museum event with her cousin, Gin is the subject of an assassination attempt but the wrong girl is killed. To top this off, the killers/thieves are determined to steal everything in the Museum and nearly get away with it.

A gripping novel that I certainly enjoyed. ( )
  macygma | Oct 5, 2016 |
This book is definitely slower than previous books
Gin reflects on an assignment she helped Fletcher with regarding a giant
She spends too much time thinking about things with Owen while figuring out how to stop the heist
I was pissed at Owen in the last book, and that doesn’t improve much in this one. He’s still acting like an asshat.
There was too much catching up on what’s happened previously.
Not my favorite in the series, but I’ll continue because I want to know what else happens in Gin’s world ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
What can I say? I'm hooked. Gin Blanco kicks ass. This was my first Elemental Assassin book, but definitly not the last! I couldn't put it down. ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Review closer to release date. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |

Jennifer Estepprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fortgang, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When assassin Gin Blanco, a.k.a. the Spider, is robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint during the biggest gala event of the summer at Ashland's fanciest art museum, she is more than happy to show these unlucky thieves that red is her favorite color.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,591,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible