Tiger Magic by Jennifer Ashley

Tiger Magic
4 Stars

Rescued from horrific experiments and relocated to the shiftertown in Austin, Tiger, a rare bengal shifter, feels like an outcast until the day he stumbles across Carly Randal broken down on the side of a deserted road, and knows he has met his mate. As Carly is slowly drawn into the dangers and intrigues of the shifter world, her one constant is the intensity of her feelings for Tiger. But will that be enough to overcome the obstacles in their path to happiness?

A sweet addition to the series.

Tiger and Carly are incredible together. Carly is openminded and loyal to a fault. Her love, trust and acceptance of him despite his fearsome visage is heartwarming. That said, the ease and speed with which she accepts Tiger and the other shifters into her life does require a certain suspension of disbelief, but that goes without saying given the paranormal genre.

Tiger is an amazing mix of intense strength and incredible innocence and vulnerability. On the one hand, he is personifies the threat and the danger inherent to the shifters, but on the other, he has such a magnificent heart and capacity for love. It is impossible not to feel for his suffering and root for his happiness.

As the setting is once again the shiftertown in Austin, Texas, we are treated to updates in the lives of the characters from the first two installments. Liam and Kim, Sean and Andrea, Dylan and Glory, and a host of others all put in an appearance and flesh out the secondary cast. Although I’ve not read any of the novellas, it is easy to follow the characters and the developments in their lives.

The plot revolving around the conflicting agendas of the various groups interested in Tiger’s true nature whether for good or for evil makes for interesting and suspenseful reading. There is, however, one plot point that doesn’t make sense and puts a small damper on the believability of the ending - why would the scientists put Tiger through such excruciating experiments if their aim was to create a search and rescue shifter? It just doesn’t jive.

All in all, an enjoyable read and I’m glad I didn’t give up on the series after the disappointment of book #3.
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Amazing!!!!. The story kicks off with a bang as the hero instantly claims the heroine as his mate and gets shot protecting her from her fiancé. The heroine is instantly drawn into the secret world of the shifters and by her side is the man of her dreams-but he comes with a lot of baggage. There wasn't much of a plot line other than the hero trying to fit into the shifter world and the heroine trying to figure out her feelings him. But I was never board; the story never dragged and I found it next to impossible to put it down. I loved this book so much. The hero, a tortured male who's ruled by his animal inside and an outcast even in the shifter community. It was such a normal and simple thing to accept her as his mate, he had no human doubts about making her his. He felt it in his soul she was his mate, never once fighting it or her. For everyone else the male is something to be feared but he was nothing but sweet and tender to his woman and the children. I can't wait to read it again. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Read for Fun (Library)
Overall Rating: 4.75
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rating: 5.00

First Thought when Finished:Tiger Magic by Jennifer Ashley was my favorite in the series so far!

Quick Thoughts: There wasn't a part of Tiger Magic that I didn't enjoy. Great characters? Check! Great action? Check! A couple I could root for? Check! Tiger was just a character that I loved. I have to admit I wasn't sure since he was more connected to his Tiger side than his human but it worked. Just all around good times!

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Mar 17, 2015 |
An enjoyable paranormal romance with a good plot and exciting ending. I felt lots of sympathy for the hero but after awhile story went overboard on the negativity toward him. A shifter just called Tiger helps Carly when her car breaks down on a deserted road.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Carly Randal gets pulled into the world of Shiftertown after accepting help from the cat shifter, Tiger. Not the greatest installment in the series, but not bad either. Everything was just too easy for Carly and Tiger, which made reading the book a little boring. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
"No, no, no, no, not today.…"

With no name or clan, and only a memory of savage captivity, Tiger now lives in the Austin Shiftertown, where he meets a beautiful stranger named Carly who might be able to help him--but only as she's drawn deeper into his forbidden, passionate and dangerous shifter world.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible