Hard Mated by Jennifer Ashley

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Jordan, the little wild cat, steals the heart of his unknown father. Instant pride and love fill the self deprecating Spike when he meets his son for the first time. Myka, the human that loves and wants to protect her best friends child from more hurt and loss is along for the ride.
This is a delightful book that stirs the heart. The characters touch the heart of the reader. As a mom, I know what spit fires can do to those not used to them. Jordan takes the cake, tempting fate as he’s learning about his new family. Myka loves Jordan, not only because of the loss of his mother, she genuinely cares for the boy, spirit and all. She’s very protective of the little one. Spike, learns that he’s a dad at Jordan’s mother’s death bed. The bond he feels with the child is instantaneous.
Myka and Spike’s bond develops, but not just because of the child. They have more in common than one would think being human and shifter.
This is a light read that is so carefully woven. You don’t want to put it down. I read it in one afternoon and was left wanting to know more about the characters, especially the trials of raising Jordan. I’m sure he’s going to be a handful! ( )
  KatrinaH | Oct 29, 2013 |
Julie's AReCafe Staff Pick for 1/25/13. ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |
Liked this one better than Bodyguard... but I don't think I like it enough to investigate more of the series. ( )
  SnarkyMom | Apr 5, 2013 |
As this is a short novel in the Shifter Bound series, I though I would do a shorter review for it....Ever since the series started I have been wanting Spike's story, and when I noticed that he was the hero, I was thrilled to say the least. He always made me laugh, and he had spunk, and I really liked that.It starts out with him in a fight with another shifter bear, where he meets Myka who comes to him with a shocking announcement, one that would change him, that he has a cub, a little boy, and this the mother was dying. Thrust into fatherhood pretty quickly, he finds himself overwhelmed but overjoyed as well to have a child. However Myka isn't just going to lie down and let him take over without knowing if Jordan would be safe with Spike. But before she knows it, sparks fly between them and a passion explodes, and Myka realizes she is falling in love with a shifter when she least expected it to. I found Hard Mated to be a fun and enchanting story, with the usual spark that is always in Ashley's novels, and I am growing to love this series even more, since each book just gets better. I have loved her historicals, but I have a weakness for shifter novels, and I think this series is at the top of my list. From the first moment I picked it up I was enthralled, and couldn't put it down!!! A KEEPER!!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |

Spike, a wildcat Shifter and the champion fighter of Shiftertown, is stunned when Myka, the best friend of a dying human woman, announces that Spike has fathered a cub. What's more, the mother is giving the boy to Spike to protect and raise. Myka, who'd been raised by an abusive stepfather, is not sure that a wild fighter named Spike is the best man to bring up the cute little jaguar cub. She goes to Shiftertown to check out Spike, and finds that the man behind the name is a lonely Shifter who's lost most of his family and is a fierce caretaker to those he has left. Spike is torn between the cub and his duties as tracker to the Shiftertown leader, and begs Myka, the only person who understands, to help him. He starts to like the sassy Myka, a horse trainer who's not afraid of working with animals, even if they're wildcats who turn into humans. When Spike's job puts his cub and Myka in danger, Spike is forced to choose between those to whom he's pledged his loyalty and his need to protect the woman and cub he's come to love.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,622,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible