Subversive (The Warrior Series) by Rebecca…

Subversive (The Warrior Series)

by Rebecca Royce

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byDragonLibrary8

My thoughts:
Engaging, entertaining, enthralling. Subversive grabs you at the beginning of the story, holds you tight with passionate characters and doesn't let go through the twists and turns of an imaginative and twisting plot.

The world that Rebecca Royce has created is dark and dangerous. The mind-blowing reality of the world that Rachel lives in is cold and calculated. The story is about betrayal and loss, love and the idea of doing the right thing for what is at that time the right reason.

I would have a hard time choosing between the story and the characters if I had to say which was more compelling to me as a reader. The story is creative, clever and fresh. The characters are a wide variety of personalities, but each elicits an emotional response. Rachel is a strong female lead. She is charismatic, tough and driven. I feared yet another love triangle for a bit as I wasn't sure about her boyfriend issues, but they become clear at the end. My favorite character is Deacon. He is the not-so-silent type, but left me feeling throughout the story that he was the "real deal" as far as the boys in Rachel's life went.

I was sad to see the story end and am hoping for more to come in this series. ( )
  DragonLibrary8 | Aug 12, 2012 |

Rachel Clancy has been through a lot. With a mission to fight vampires, while losing two boyfriends -- one to a vampire and one because of his daddy issues -- she is in charge of a secret revolution that could change Genesis, her home, forever. Her confidence is shot, her hands are shaking, and she hasn't felt a real emotion, except for anger, in a long time. But Rachel should never be counted out. She sees things others can't, even if her ideas are considered downright traitorous. The life destined for Rachel is to lead in the world, filled with vampires and werewolves instead of romance and flowers -- always forced to fight to stay alive and vanquish any threat to her friends and family. But no matter how many times she's won, the evil that has stalked her never forgets her name.... Life is a continuous battle that never ends...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,183,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible