The Librarian (Book Two: Unhappily Ever…

The Librarian (Book Two: Unhappily Ever After)

by Eric Hobbs

middle-grades, fantasy, witches, wizard, paranormal

I really liked this one, but think it is for a slightly older crowd than the first one. We raised a houseful of boys and now they've got boys in that bloodthirsty age group, so I think that they will gleefully enjoy reading it on their own or with friends. The story line picks up where the first one left off, and I surely wish I could find the next one! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jun 7, 2017 |
This is the second book in The Librarian series by Eric Hobbs. My son and I both enjoyed it very much, just as we did the first book. However, this book is darker and a little more graphic than the first in the series. It's portrayed as a middle school book, and I think that fits pretty well for age. My son is 8 though, so as I read this to him a couple chapters per night, I watered down the more graphic scenes to be appropriate for a younger child. He was very sad that there wasn't a book 3 for us to purchase and continue the story with right now. I'll continue to keep an eye out for it. =) ( )
  EmberShane | Apr 7, 2015 |
This sequel picks up from the cliffhanger ending of the previous book. Having made changes within the story of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Wesley and Taylor discover that the real world has been changed as well. They had back to the library to correct what they've done, and find themselves in the dystopian world of Oz under control of the Wicked Witch. This novel is grimmer in tone than it's predecessor with violence in Oz and tensions among the lead characters. There's also an interesting shift from Wesley to Taylor as the primary protagonist. I thought this book improved upon Little Boy Lost and that Hobbs' sometimes-pedestrian writing and shallow characterizations are picking up as well. I look forward to the next installment which will be set in Alice's Wonderland. ( )
  Othemts | Feb 15, 2015 |
I like this one better than the first one. I rather enjoyed it. The premise is very good and it is handled rather well ( )
  morandia | Aug 1, 2014 |
An action-packed sequel that is sure to grab your attention! Although definitely darker than the first in the series, Unhappily Ever After was right up my alley. There were a few typos, but I can't wait to read the next book! What a captivating series! ( )
  madamediotte | Feb 21, 2014 |

Eric Hobbs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible