The Viking by Marti Talbott
793152,477 (4)None

Reminiscent of The Manson Family, the psychologically disturbed older man who charms young people and binds them to him by feeding them drugs until they no longer recognize right from wrong. He then becomes their leader/lover/God. Not sure the ending satisfied me, but as far as the story was concerned it was a good ending. ( )
  scot2 | Mar 20, 2017 |
I truly enjoyed this story. I particularly like that Marti Talbott's books are clean and I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all having my teenagers read them. This is an easy breezy relaxing story. I look forward to reading more in this series.

For all of my reviews please see my blog at: https://blessedandbewildered.wordpress.com ( )
  ZoeSchoppa | Jul 31, 2015 |
სიგრიდ უნსეტის პატარა წიგნი. ძაან საიტნერესოა მომეწონა მოკლედ და საინტერესოდაა ვიგდისის და ლიოტის სასიყვარულო ამბავი. სიძულვილი=სიყვარულს​ ( )
  buqu | Jan 3, 2015 |

Marti Talbottprimary authorall editionscalculated
YOCLA DesignsCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was near the end of Stefan Rossetti's fourteenth year that his father, the commander of the Viking longship Sja Vinna and its fleet of seven ships at last agreed to take him aboard.

At not quite fifteen, Stefan’s father finally let him board the longship Sja Vinna to take part in his first Viking raid. Yet, the battle was not at all what he expected and he soon found himself alone and stranded in Scotland.

Thirteen-year-old Kannak’s problem was just as grave. Her father deserted them and the only way to survive, she decided, was to take a husband over her mother‘s objections. Suddenly she was helping a hated Viking escape. Could Kannak successfully hide a Viking in the middle of a Scottish Clan? And why was someone plotting to kill the clan's beloved laird?

----

This book is a prequel to Marti Talbott's Highlander Series. Suitable for ages 14 and above.

[retrieved 11/6/2014 from Amazon.com]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible