Santa's Coming by Justin South

Santa's Coming

by Justin South

212,551,640 (1)None
Recently added byANZmmcollection, Tam2603

Read for the Bingo-December-Challenge (Otherwise DNF - in a heartbeat).
One of the worst christmas novellas I ever read. No real story, everthing is told in stilted and absurdly bad dialogues - the descriptions are so silly and inane, NO ONE speaks like this (peotic waxing and gushing which was unbearable). The way they tell each other their most personal experiences (including lenghty talks about respective ex's) literally following their first meeting doesn't sound realistic or enchanting, it was just bad and cringe-worthy.
The side-story about the kids and family christmas was even worse - I don't appreaciate the message that the happiness of christmas depends on the brand video game set they get as a present. The Christmas eve with Santa's big moment was consecutively sappy and embarrassing like a bad commercial: "Oh, wow, all the latest and best games, " Robbie exclaimed two minutes later, "and so many of them, All my friends will want to come over and play with me now" - Well, young Robbie, seems you have the right kind of friends - matching your family whose values are firmly on the consumer goods side. Also there are a lot of tragic accidents and deaths to create emotion - doesn't work for me. At all. The family-matchmaking was ridiculous as well. This book annoyed me to no end and the only positive thing for me: It was rather short. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible