Stockholm Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome, #1)…

Stockholm Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome, #1)

by Richard Rider

Well all of my anticipation for reading this book was a waste of time!,,There was NO PLOT! just a whole lot of screwing around between a whiney brat and a militant fool. I could not even keep reading, so I have no idea if it got any better than where I left off at the half way mark.
So many great reviews and it was a flop of epic proportions. Needless to say I will not be finishing the trilogy...Reader beware... ( )
  nubian_princesa | Aug 31, 2014 |
OMG, this was so good! I really couldn't put it down. (I actually read all 3 books in the series in the last two days) Engaging characters, great plotline. Loved the whole thing until the last quarter of the book. Which lead me to reading the next two right after this one!

Great read if you don't mind some gun play and violence with your m/m lovin'.

vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
To rate & review. ( )
  Peepers82 | Sep 22, 2013 |
Interesting premise, lots of sex, disturbing characters. It's a bit like watching a train wreck.

The line between abusive characters who enjoy a sado/masochistic relationship and this being done while neither party truly understands the ramifications or psychology behind what they are doing worried me.

Neither of the characters are intelligent enough to delve into why they carry on like they do. They react the whole time.

This is possibly realistic even if the plot itself has glaring holes in it. Given their lack of competence, I can't believe that they "got away" with what they did.

I actually felt at the end of the book, the lack of a HEA was a fair ending. Both characters grew from the relationship into a point where the old could not continue.

Now I see there are lots more stories, but I'm not inclined to read them, especially if the characters continue to wallow in their original relationship, having learnt nothing from the experience. ( )
  AB_Gayle | Mar 30, 2013 |
The robbery has gone wrong, there is shooting, Lindsay ha grabbed a young lad to use as a human shield, but as they are about to make their getaway the lad pleads to be taken with them. Nineteen year old Pip Valentine ends up as the gangs willing "hostage", and despite nearly driving them all crazy manages to ingratiate himself with Lindsay; while the rest of the gang would be happy to put a bullet in his head.

When they learn that Pip's parents recently won the Lottery they extract a ransom from them, but Pip stays, his infatuated with Lindsay who is in his early thirties. The relationship grows, but Lindsay will not admit to his feelings for Pip, while Pip is constantly professing his love. The argue and fight, Lindsay often beats Pip, yet Pip seems to like being controlled, being told what to do, and being punished when he misbehaves or does something wrong; and they enjoy making up with hot reciprocal sex. Yet Lindsay's attentiveness to Pip's needs betrays his true feelings for the boy, he will do almost anything the boy wants, other than admit he loves him, yet all the time he is crazy about Pip.

This substantial story follows their tumultuous relationship over the course of a couple of years or more, their troubled interaction with the other gang members, their travels and sojourns in France. Lindsay is intelligent and well educated, and wealthy, the robberies are for kicks. Pip is not so intelligent, yet quite bright and sharp, and very flamboyant often wearing girly clothes and makeup, and he is fastidious about his long hair.

This is a well written, amusing and involving story, frequently punctuated with pair's constant couplings (the plot it seems simply provides light relief to the almost incessant sex), they cannot keep their hands off one another - but can it last? ( )
  Bembo | Mar 21, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible