Body Art by Jordan Castillo Price
123768,668 (4)None

I really like this author's writing style. The lead appeals to me and the story is interesting. It's mystery and suspense with a little M/M romance thrown in. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I enjoyed this novella. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the romance angle going in, since this was my first MM romance. I liked it. The couple didn't seem to be quite right for each other- but then, I think I'm just feeling protective of the main character. So great job to this author on the character front- I'm done with the story and still invested in the main character! After giving it more consideration, Ray and Anton do make a good, balanced out couple despite character flaws- because they're willing to work at it. Well, Ray is willing to work at it anyway and for now, that's enough to close a book on. As for the 'thriller' aspect of this book, it kind of have more of a cozy mystery feel to it.

I liked it, but I wouldn't label it as a thriller; especially so blatantly as to use it as a sub-title. I think that would mislead some readers into expecting less romance and something more scary. The narrator did a great job of making each character sound unique and I'd be glad to listen to another book narrated by them.

Overall, it's a sweet cozy read. (With some VERY cozy scenes of our lovers.) If I didn't have a lot of books on my to be read shelf, I'd be looking for more by this author.

I was provided with a free copy of this audio book by the author, publisher or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  littlebear514 | Sep 8, 2015 |
This book was perfect and it actually gets more than 5 stars from me. ( )
  stellabela | Jan 6, 2015 |

Does everyone have a certain "type" they end up with...whether they want to or not? If Ray Carlucci's ex is anything to go by, Ray likes his men gorgeous, rebellious, and chock-full of issues. But now that Ray is single again, he has a shot at a fresh start ?a very fresh start, since his tattoo shop was gutted by repo men and he can fit all his belongings in the trunk of a taxi. Ray's shiny new chauffeur's license lands him a job as a driver for an elderly couple on Red Wing Island. It's a cold fall, and since the Michigan island is the summer home to snowbirds who fly south for the winter, it's practically deserted ?save for Ray's new household and a sculptor named Anton Kopec, who works day and night twisting brambles and twine into the distorted shapes of macabre creatures. Compelling, bizarre, and somewhat disturbing...not just the sculptures, but the artist, too. Ray has a feeling Anton is just his "type." Despite their scorching chemistry, when a dead body is unearthed by some workers and a freak ice storm traps them all on the island, Ray can't say for certain that his new flame isn't capable of murder.… (more)

Jordan Castillo Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible