Sole Survivor by Matthew Scrivens

Sole Survivor

by Matthew Scrivens

153647,891 (3)None

3.5 stars. I know when you first fall in love, everything's all sunshine and roses, but Jake and Adam were just a little too sweet and perfect, and their dialogue was cheesy sometimes. While I did enjoy getting Todd's POV (Scary that there are actually people like him out in the world!), I wonder if I'd have liked it better if the book kept me guessing as to who the killer was? I do like trying to figure it out as I'm reading.

The ending was a little off for me. I'd almost rather have had the lead up to the Todd/Adam/Jake situation be shorter and include more of Jake and Adam's recovery. And Adam really made me angry when he took off after Todd and didn't bother to tell anyone where he was going or what he was doing. Why didn't he just call the cops?! And after his previous ordeal with George Gary Smith and his feelings about Todd through the book, why wouldn't he be leery esp when he tells you to come to the basement?! I dunno, just seems like someone who previously survived a serial killer might be more inclined to go with his gut reaction to people and also probably wouldn't run off after someone in a basement and not bother calling the cops or anyone else. I wouldn't go alone, and I haven't survived a serial killer, but I'm very big on going with my gut. It usually doesn't steer me wrong! ( )

DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 146997939X, Paperback)

Two men want Adam Huntington. One wants to love him, the other wants to kill him.

Five years ago, Adam survived an attack by one of California’s most horrific serial killers. The experience scarred him, both inside and out. So to create a new life -- one without the world-known moniker, Adam, the Sole Survivor -- he moves to New York City, where he can be just another face in the crowd.

NYPD Detective Jake O'Malley takes the motto of “Serve and Protect” very seriously in all things, especially in matters of the heart. He’s had enough of cheating lovers and believes in monogamy, respect, and romance. His first date with Adam is a disaster. But when their paths cross ten months later, he asks for a second chance. Despite his large and physically imposing frame, Jake hopes Adam will come to trust and eventually love him.

Todd Eldin sees his muscled body as a finely honed tool, perfect for seducing and killing. When the police begin searching for the killer in a series of sexually sadistic murders, Todd successfully operates below the radar, until he spins a web to catch a more prominent prey -- Adam, the one that got away.

Has Adam finally outrun his luck? Can anyone survive the horrors of being caged, beaten and tortured for a second time? Or will Adam be able to use what he learned in California to save himself and his lover? Who will survive this deadliest of love triangles?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,373,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible