Be Still My Soul: The Cadence of Grace, Book…

Be Still My Soul: The Cadence of Grace, Book 1

by Joanne Bischof

I enjoyed this book to point I could not put it down. I can tell you I had some bad feeling for Lonnie along with Gideon. Lonnie thinks that Gideon is a lot like her father in terms with the whiskey and believe it or not she doe not learn to listen to Gideon in terms if he was telling the true about him coming home when he went off to pay a debt.

Gideon was somewhat like Lonnie father in terms with whiskey but doe change for the family he is got. Can he really change for the love of Lonnie or does he move on.

Find out by picking this book up and reading it. The Author put some really good issues in the book and Can Lonnie learn to trust or does her mistake ruin it for her and her son. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |
“Be Still My Soul” by Joanne Bischof is the story of the shot-gun marriage of Lonnie Sawyer and Gideon O’Riley. Gideon steals a kiss from Lonnie which her overbearing father determines as sinful. He forces the two into marriage. Gideon has other ideas for his life which do not include a wife and a shy, god-fearing one at that. He treats Lonnie terribly and takes his frustration and anger out on her. This is the story of these two young people and their coming of age. Lonnie tries to get Gideon to accept God in his life, but he resists her efforts. Along the way they are sheltered by an older couple and in exchange for help around the farm they stay with them for the winter. This book weaves a strong story about the bond between two people and how fragile it can become. I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good, romantic story.

I received a free Kindle copy of this book for my honest review from the publisher. The opinions expressed here are my own.

You can read my reviews on my blog at: http://imhookedonbooks.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/be-still-my-so…joanne-bischof/ ( )
  SilverShrew | Feb 20, 2014 |
A Story You Won’t Soon Forget!

Be Still My Soul is author Joanne Bischof’s first novel. I would like to tell you that this was an excellent story in so many ways. She covered it all, hardships that fit the time and setting of this book, sins committed, lessons learned, and faith bigger than a mustard seed. A road of trial and error, a road filled with disappointments.

While I don’t believe any kind of abuse in a relationship is acceptable, I totally felt Gideon’s frustration in the hand he was dealt. Having said this, please know that he brought a lot of this on himself.

I applaud Lonnie for not accepting Gideon’s behavior and treatment of her. She suffered enough of it from her own father.

Lonnie and Gideon grew on me and I soon found that I wanted to see this couple together; to work things out, and to put God first. Would Gideon grow up and see what he would lose if he didn’t change his ways? Would he allow God to guide his steps? Would and could Lonnie ever forgive him?

I won book three in this series on LibraryThing and I knew that I needed to buy and read books 1 and 2 before starting book three. I can’t wait to start on book 2, Though My Heart Is Torn to follow what happens to Lonnie and Gideon.

I highly recommend this book. It is a 5+ star book in my opinion. ( )
  passionforbooks | Dec 15, 2013 |

Lindz2012 | Sep 3, 2012 |

Pretty Lonnie Sawyer is used to fading into the background among the Appalachian hills. Though her family is poor and her father abusive, she clings to a quiet faith. But when a handsome ladies' man and bluegrass musician steals a kiss, that one action seals her fate.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible