Her Amish Man by Erin Bates

Her Amish Man

by Erin Bates

I just finished reading “Her Amish Man” by Erin Bates. This is a novel that is a cross between an Amish romance and a murder mystery. I really enjoyed this book. I thought the characters were believable and perfectly depicted. I was not fond of the title of this book, however. I was expecting not to like the book because the title didn’t draw me to it. After I read the first chapter, I couldn’t stop reading because there was so much going on. If I’d declined the book because of the title, I would have lost out. This story takes place close to my home, so I was very interested in the background as it was portrayed. The ending came quickly. I wasn’t expecting it when it happened. I would recommend this book to my book-loving friends.

I received a free Kindle copy of this book for my honest review from the publisher. The opinions expressed here are my own.

You can read my review on my blog “I’m hooked on Books” at http://wp.me/p2pjIt-2D
  SilverShrew | Feb 20, 2014 |

"Because Leah McKenzie's mother was 'shunned' for marrying an outsider, Leah has never known her Amish relatives. Then she is framed for a murder she didn't commit, and she needs somewhere to hide until she can clear her name. Confident no one would think to search for her in an Amish community, she heads for her grandmother's home in Illinois. A safe haven is all Leah is looking for, but she soon finds herself entranced by the simplicity of the old-fashioned lifestyle. What she doesn't expect is to find a man there who stirs her heart" --P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible