Teacher's Pest by Charles Gilman
6019197,694 (4.1)5

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Fast, fun read that will hook reluctant readers with its characters, funny touch of evil and plot elements. A good addition for both school and public libraries. ( )
  sennebec | Sep 25, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Talk about a cool book...the cover of Teacher's Pest magically morphs from the portrait of student council president Howard Mergler, to the downright despicable monster insect which has "borrowed" Howard's body, with just a tilt of the wrist. What middle schooler won't want to check this one out?

The body switching is instigated by the evil master of an alternate world, Crawford Tillinghast. In the first two volumes of the The Lovecraft Middle School saga, student Robert Arthur has had to think fast and move faster to foil the plans of Tillinghast and his devious team of teachers and students enlisted to help with his takeover attempts.

This time, the body swap of several students and teachers is meant to wreak havoc in Lovecraft Middle school via the infestation of hideous and disgusting insects. Once again, Robert Arthur must act to save the school, but this time his best friend may have fallen victim to the schemes of Crawford Tillinghast and his minions!

Can Robert enlist other helpers, or will he have to face this alone? Fast moving and fun to read, and it won't be long before a fourth volume, Substitute Creature will be ripe for the reading. Watch for it in September, 2013. ( )
  vcg610 | Jun 3, 2014 |
I received an ARC of this book. It was an interesting story, even for an adult. The plot was interesting and the world created was captivating. It was a nice, easy read. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 8, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. I think it would be a great addition to any school library. The plot kept moving and the characters appealed to me. The only complaint I have is at the end when Robert's mom mentioned that school nurses get paid summer vacations. They do not. Nor do teachers or educational assistants. If he's going to write books about a school, he needs to know how schools work. ( )
  catzteach | Dec 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Reading this along with my nephew and out of the three I have to say this one seemed to be missing something that the first two had. I enjoyed the information that was shared about insects since my nephew is a bug lover he thought it was really fascinating to learn about them. It was a quick read and I can't place what was missing from this one. The best was the action with Pip and Squeak my nephew was on the edge of his seat with that. ( )
  rayneofdarkness | Oct 10, 2013 |
This book is for my parents
"Don't move."

"Don't be fooled by his friendly smile, his perfect manners, or his shiny red apple. Student council president Howard Mergler is actually a sinister bug-monster in disguise and he's summoning swarms of roaches, wasps, fleas, and head lice into the corridors of Lovecraft Middle School! Twelve-year-old Robert Arthur is the only student who can stop him--but he'll need help from his best friends: the school bully, the school ghost, and an extremely courageous two-headed rat"--Publisher's description.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Charles Gilman's book Tales from Lovecraft Middle School #3: Teacher's Pest was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,356,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible