The Captive Prince by Scott Chantler

The Captive Prince

by Scott Chantler

Bringing in a little romance...sweetly done. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
This is the third book in the Three Thieves series. So far I liked this book even less than the previous two. There just isn’t a lot that happens here.

In this book Dessa and crew happen upon a kidnapping and Dessa stops it only to find that the young man she rescues is a Prince. The King wants to hold a celebration to honor the Prince’s rescuers but our three thieves are worried about staying in one place the whole time and getting caught by the Queen’s Dragons.

I found the whole storyline to be a bit boring and kind of pointless. Again we make a tiny bit of progress in the whole story about Dessa finding her brother. Most of the time is spent traveling and then watching Dessa and crew at the celebration.

The illustration continues to be well done but pretty typical comic-like artwork. It’s okay but not spectacular.

Overall this wasn’t my favorite graphic novel. I just thought it was a bit boring and that the story doesn’t make much progress. It’s a very simple storyline and I think younger kids will enjoy more than adults.

My son is 10 years old and has read all the books in the series. When I asked him what he thought he shrugged and said “It’s okay, I didn’t love it”. That sums up pretty well how I am feeling about this series so far. Right now I am unsure whether or not I will continue with it. ( )
  krau0098 | May 11, 2017 |
  BRCSBooks | Mar 30, 2014 |

Dessa, Topper and Fisk are still running from the Queen's Dragons and trying to find Dessa's missing twin brother. But when Dessa inadvertently rescues a prince putting kingdoms at stake and love on the line the adventure quickly becomes a royal mess!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible