Boot & Shoe by Marla Frazee

Boot & Shoe (edition 2012)

by Marla Frazee, Marla Frazee (Illustrator)

Member:activelearning
Title:Boot & Shoe
Authors:Marla Frazee
Other authors:Marla Frazee (Illustrator)
Info:Beach Lane Books (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Farmington Public Library
Tags:cats, friends, friendship, picture books

Boot & Shoe by Marla Frazee

This story about Boot and Shoe was too sweet! I love how they have their routine, at least until that naughty squirrel comes along! When they are searching for each other, I felt so sad for these little doggies, but when they find each other again, I was overjoyed! I love seeing Illustrators create their own book, there is such a great flow to the story and the illustrations.
  InstantLaila | Dec 7, 2014 |
This is a fun book that focuses on predictable schedules and the need to shake things up every once in a while. I have a number of students in my class who have their routines, and struggle with change. I think this book is an excellent choice for teaching young children that change is not always a bad thing, and that it can be exciting. ( )
  kberryman44 | Dec 6, 2014 |
Boot & Shoe are two dogs from the same litter that spend all their time together- except during the day when they sit on opposite sides of the house. An encounter with a squirrel changes everything.
  lschaedig | Oct 4, 2014 |
Marla Frazee is one of my favorite illustrators, hands down. This sweet book centers on two dogs who have their little routines down pat, until one day a squirrel turns everything topsy turvy, leaving Boot & Shoe bereft and confused. Read this aloud to a group of preschoolers, who also like their routines (and maybe too their parents and teachers). They will find much to love about Boot & Shoe and will be rooting for a happy ending, because, "even in the worst of times, a dog still needs to pee."
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |
A touching story about two dogs who live together, but enjoy their time apart. But one day, after a squirrel enters in the picture and causes lots of trouble, they each think the other is missing. After searching all day and night, they are reunited.
  Boockk | Feb 8, 2014 |

Boot and Shoe are dogs that live in the same house, eat from the same bowl, and sleep in the same bed but spend their days on separate porches until a squirrel mixes things up.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,470,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible