Illuminate-Alive, She Cried: Talisa Santiago…

Illuminate-Alive, She Cried: Talisa Santiago Series (Volume 2)

by Jamie Haden

The author paints a vivid picture in the readers mind as you walk through the pages of this story. A young 17 year old girl discovers her pregnancy, but with a twist. She has to move to a remote Native American reservation where she begins to learn her true heritage and embrace her destiny while discovering herself. This story has great suspense, but it also leaves the feeling a bit more relaxed and self aware as you follow Talisa through her life changing journey of life, death, and spiritual rebirth. ( )
  katie.schueths | Apr 25, 2013 |
Unfortunately, I was never really able to get truly interested in this novel, mostly because of the numerous errors in sentence structure, grammar, and spelling. I also had problems with the dialogue, as it often did not feel natural. That being said, however, I must say that the plot is definitely original and has a lot of potential. If this author could polish her work a bit more, I think this novel could be a great read. ( )
  madamediotte | Nov 11, 2012 |
"Illuminate-Alive, She Cried" by Jamie Haden was a very good paranormal read. The granddaughter of a Shaman, Talisha Santiago goes to live with a clan of the Cherokees in the Smokey Mountains. So many secrets for her to uncover. Interesting characters, Native American beliefs, customs, shapeshifters, and danger lurked in the mountains. This was a real page turner!! I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I enjoyed "Illuminate-Alive, She Cried" and would recommend it to anyone who likes a paranormal story or wants to read about Native Americans. ( )
  kykim | Nov 9, 2012 |
Author: Jamie Haden
Published By: Great Minds Think Aloud
Age Recommended: Adult
Rating: 5
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Blog For: GMTA

Review:

"Illuminate-Alive, She Cried" by Jamie Haden was a very good paranormal read. I really liked the colorful descriptions this author added to this novel..such as in the hurricanes seasons, rains, 'the great smokey mountains and even the snow storms... really bringing you into the story and adding a action packed read.

Just seeing how this granddaughter of a 'Shaman,' Talisha Santiago was to survive from one island (Silence) ... then going to a clan of Indians in 'The Smokey Mountains with her blood brothers and then finding out that there were still many secrets and danger that lurked for Talisha. Just what was in store for this young lady? Just who were these tricksters that had it in for Talisha... Now, this is where I say you will have to find out by picking up this wonderful well written novel "Illuminate-Alive, She Cried." This novel was a real page turner for me because I could not put it down until the end... and that ending...I will say I didn't see coming... leaving me only to say WoW! Talisha's blood brothers, who were shifters..had promised to have such a bonded friendship... and would protect her...well you will soon see what happens with that along with a few other supposed friendships.

The authors' characters were all simply off the chart... good... from Talisa, Jag, Dakota, Charles Brantley, Tula, Kelly, Rebecca, Suzy, Sequoya, Andrew, John, Emily, Silas, Great grandmother, Lauren, Daniel, Miguel, Margaret, Roberto, Mr.Boots(Uncle Freddy), to Lucy and I am sure I have left someone out but you will find out in your read of "Illuminate-Alive, She Cried."

I enjoyed "Illuminate-Alive, She Cried" because it was a enjoyable novel and I would recommend to anyone who would like a good paranormal read. ( )
  arlenadean | Aug 21, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jamie Haden's book Illuminate-Alive, She Cried was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jamie Haden is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,559,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible