Captured by Erica Stevens
2011658,418 (3.78)1

3 May-be-pushing-it Stars

Gah! There were so many things wrong with this book. It had serious potential, but the execution lacked tremendously. Character Development People say it with me CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Insta-love? I will admit it can be pulled off, but in this case not so much. On a side rant, I was expecting this book to be a steamy read. The synopsis for Heaven's sake started out with Blood Slave. Captured, taken.... Not to mention the genre's claimed it to be a Paranormal Romance. NOT YA. She is seventeen. A virgin 17 year old. Not that I have anything against either one of those, but I was expecting something totally different. You should have just stuck a tiara on Aria and sent her waltzing in a forest with seven small dwarfs.

"She much preferred her fingers, but had a feeling using her fingers ...(to eat) wouldn't be overly accepted." Um oooookkkay. She still wasn't any good with zippers or buttons..." Were you living a complete neanderthal before? Oh that is right we get NO DETAIL to life prior. OH and talk about CHEESY!. "He was what she had been missing, he was what she had been searching for" What the whole five minutes you were out of your mothers uterus?

It was almost as if the author (I really mean no disrespect Ms. Stevens) just decided one day, I am going to write a book. I will not overly think about the plot, the characters or any clear direction and just go with it! People love vampires right? Check! Everyone loves a romance right? Check! Everyone loved Hunger Games right?? Check!! Wait...what??
"No one knows the woods as well as you do". Oh I get it, toss a little Katness action in the mix. A little bad ass vixen.. Yeah no. OH and lets end it with the most cliche ending ever!

Jericho...Jack? I have no words.

Who am I kidding I have plenty of words! Lets toss a missing brother into the mix to shake things up a bit. "He really didn't want to kill his brother, but he would do what was necessary to keep her safe". ?? WTF. What happen to code man! Blood is thicker than water, Bro's before Hoe's? Side note - How does he have a blood brother that is a vampire? How are the vampires made that they are all blood relatives? "A father that would give his life for his child, it was unfathomable to him"... Again wtf. I may be able to understand his reasoning with some more clarification.

"Her heart swelled with Love"

Then again, I couldn't do better so I should't be so harsh. It had parts that I liked, I just was annoyed more than anything. ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
Ariana is living in a dystopian society overtaken by vampires. Aria is also part of a rebellion, a group of humans who decided to not go along with the vampires to just be alive and live under their heavy handed control. When Aria is captured she hopes that death would find her quickly and to not be sold as a blood slave to a vampire. As luck would have it, good or not, Aria's isn't sure, was given to a vampire prince to be his blood slave. Aria was raised to hate vampires and believes they are completely evil and doesn't show mercy and cannot love. When the prince shows a tender side Aria is confused and believes she being toyed with. At the same time she's confused and thinks she's losing her mind because she can't seem to control her feelings for the vampire prince.

The vampires come across as pretty awful beings and you get the idea that they are capable of many kinds of depravity on humans. One thing I didn't like very much was how unforgiving and quick to conclusion Aria and Braith are. Wow, when they get angry they get really angry and can really hold a grudge. I do hope things work out for them and not stretch be prolonged. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
This book is captivating and intriguing from the start. The characters are well developed, and the storyline and plot are phenomenal! ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
How to rate this book? There were a lot of typos and grammatical errors that I found distracting. (I was reading the Kindle version so that might be limited to the ebooks.) Also, I felt that there was a lack of world building. We were only told a very brief history. Maybe that will be fixed in the next book. The story also had a very abrupt ending. It seemed to stop in the middle of a chapter.

But, even with those complaints, I am going to read the next book. I want to see what happens to the characters. I would recommend this book to those that are interested in reading a paranormal romance that focuses on the relationship of the two main characters. There wasn't a lot of background or involvement of the secondary characters. Of course, that will probably change in the next book...I hope so anyway.

FYI: This is a PG book...nothing beyond kissing. ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Captured, taken from her beloved family and woods, Aria's biggest fear is not the imminent death facing her, but that she will be chosen as a blood slave for a member of the ruling vampire race. No matter what becomes of her though, Aria knows that she must keep her identity hidden from the monsters imprisoning her. she has already been branded a member of the rebellion, but the vampires do not know the true depth of her involvement with it, and they must never know. Though hoping for death, Aria's world is turned upside down when a vampire named Braith steps forward to claim her. He delays her execution, but Aria knows it's only a matter of time before he drains her, and destroys her. Especially once she learns his true identity as a prince within the royal family; the same royal family that started the war that ultimately brought down humankind, reducing them to nothing more than servants and slaves. Aria is determined to hate the prince, determined not to give into him in anyway, but his strange kindness, and surprising gentleness astonish her. Torn between her loyalties to the rebellion, and her growing love for her greatest enemy, Aria struggles to decide between everything she has ever known, and a love she never dreamed of finding. ( )
  wndy2011 | Feb 17, 2016 |
Blood slave.

Edited by Leslie Mitchell at G2 Freelance Editing and re-released 2/6/13. Extended Edition. Blood Slave. Captured, taken from her beloved family and woods, Aria's biggest fear is not the imminent death facing her, but that she will be chosen as a blood slave for a member of the ruling vampire race. No matter what becomes of her though, Aria knows that she must keep her identity hidden from the monsters imprisoning her. She has already been branded a member of the rebellion, but the vampires do not know the true depth of her involvement with it, and they must never know. Though hoping for death, Aria's world is turned upside down when a vampire named Braith steps forward to claim her. He delays her execution, but Aria knows it's only a matter of time before he drains her, and destroys her. Especially once she learns his true identity as a prince within the royal family; the same royal family that started the war that ultimately brought down humankind, reducing them to nothing more than servants and slaves. Aria is determined to hate the prince, determined not to give into him in anyway, but his strange kindness, and surprising gentleness astonish her. Torn between her loyalties to the rebellion, and her growing love for her greatest enemy, Aria struggles to decide between everything she has ever known, and a love she never dreamed of finding. Book 1 of 4 New Adult. This book contains some language, violence, and sexual situations. Recommended for ages sixteen and up. Cover art by EbookLaunch… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,513,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible