A Hollow Dream of Summer's End by Andrew Van…

A Hollow Dream of Summer's End (edition 2012)

by Andrew Van Wey

Member:leesalogic
Title:A Hollow Dream of Summer's End
Authors:Andrew Van Wey
Info:Greywood Bay, (2012), Kindle Edition, 107 pages
Collections:Early Reviewers-Member Giveway-First Reads, eBook, Horror/Weird

A Hollow Dream of Summer's End by Andrew Van Wey

Other than several grammatical errors this was a pretty decent quick read. Although, I did find the description of the monster to be lacking in some aspects. ( )
  Elizabeth_Hurlburt | Aug 31, 2014 |
A Hollow Dream of Summer's End By: Andrew Van Wey
Copy Courtesy of Librarything Reviewed by : tk

Thrilling new twist of a monster under the bed.

Summer vacation for three 5th grade friends in about to begin. Aiden, Brian, and Freddie are best friends, and can't wait to start their adventures. The boys love their bikes, and enjoy the freedom of travel during the day. Their nights are even more exciting. They have a variety of scary movies, game boy games, and numerous sleepovers.
A huge drawback is Aidens parents are splitting up. His dad has purchased a new house, and has a new girl friend. During the week he will be a home with his mom, and spend the weekend at his dads. Which means time away from his friends. Aiden finds excuses to stay away from his dads, until its almost time to start school again. To get him through the weekend he invites his friends for a sleepover.
The friends are about to share to most extreme adventure of all time. Can monsters be real? A life or death tale of creepy noises, dark shadows, and split decisions that can only be classified as terrifing.

A fantastic read, with many thrills and chills to keep you entertained. You won't be able to put it down. Recommended for 9 to 90 years old. 5/5 Enjoy! ( )
  doseofbella | Aug 13, 2014 |
Super quick read. It kept my interest and was pretty fun. I assume fifth graders cuss a lot so that was believable. The monster of the book was pretty scary and I understood the characters' fear and decisions. The situation was weird and basically has you going 'what is going on?' which makes you want to keep reading. The ending got me going 'wait, what?' and i'll be reading the next book to figure more things out. ( )
  DeathsMistress | Jul 21, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was one book that while reading it I couldn't believe how some of it was unfolding. Found my heart racing in places and could feel the anxiety of the characters. Horror is not my usual genre but I am glad I read this unique and wonderfully written book. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jul 17, 2014 |
I received this book via Library Thing's Member Giveaways.

This is a terrifically scary book about three boys who are terrorized during a sleepover at the end of summer.

Hollow Dream is a short read, less than 100 pages. It is idyllic in that way that a kid's summer always is, with a little dash of growing pains, a whole lot of boys adventuring together, while insulting each other good naturedly along the way.

About halfway through, this book takes a terrifying turn, thrusting the boys in a horrifying situation.

This was a quick, easy, satisfying read, with enough twists to keep me engaged. I wouldn't necessarily call it a deep read, but there are enough existential questions raised to keep me thinking after the story is done. I would consider it suitable for middle grade readers (it is about 10-year-old boys, after all), but I tend to think kids can handle a thrilling scary story, so parents should read first to decide.

Van Wey wrote a good story. I would read more from this author. ETA: I also liked the cover art as well as the tree house art heading each chapter. ( )
  leesalogic | Nov 30, 2012 |

Andrew Van Wey is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,656,660 books! | Top bar: Always visible