Timeless by Pamela Diane King

Sweet and enjoyable romance that keeps you reading. I only guessed the twist at the end because of the title. ( )
  D.Gray | Apr 27, 2017 |
Timeless by King had me quite intrigued with the “back-cover” description. I’m a sucker for the “bad-boy & good-girl” romance story-lines. I was hoping to enjoy a quick little read about two opposites attracting in a high school setting with a great little suspense twist; however, as much as the story was cute and full of potential, I found it a little lacking.

Overall, I just couldn't get past the two main characters and their flaws. They were predicable and very cliche. The Grease references were done in an overkill style. The book would be a sweet and quick read for most, but for me it was too lackluster. I was annoyed with both characters and the story's ending finally had me interested. When the twist was revealed, I got excited to see how the characters would deal and where the story line would go, but then the story was over.

The idea that King has in this novel is a great one, especially if she focuses on the novel's ending as a possible beginning or middle. If she leaves the novel's story line as is she would have to rewrite the novel to include a better foreshadowing of the “twist." If she better developed Tommy and Jessica’s personalities so that they don’t come off as cliche or confusing, I believe she’d have a better novel as well.

To read more about my thoughts on this book and why I gave it a C visit my blog post review where I go more in-depth! ( )
  PCB2NLS | Jan 7, 2014 |

Pamela Diane King is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,388,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible