Up From The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

b>Bittersweet... only because I am SO sad I just finished the final installment of Cat and Bones What a perfect way to end it though, I am so happy!

My only thoughts in the end would be to give us a little more about what is going on in their future, for example: How is Tate involved in the upbringing? How does the child feel about the arrangement? Is she kick-ass? I need more paternal/maternal stories to make me feel complete

There was one point in particular I was in utter shock and in all honesty Bloody Angry (When Bones "Died", It ended up being A-Okay, but I about lost a perfectly good Kindle who was completely innocent, to a temporary rage induced fit.

I am really happy for the lovely couple, and in the end I was a little sad, but I was stupid and read a review that wasn't blocked for spoilers so secretly I kind of knew what was going to happen, which yes that was annoying but I asked for it.

All hail Cat and Bones, and kudos to Jeaniene Frost for writing a kick ass series :-) ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
Finalmente!
Abbiamo atteso tanto, ma alla fine è arrivato. E' valsa la pena attendere per ogni singola pagina.
Brava Jeaniene Frost, bravissima. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Up from the Grave
4 Stars

When Don informs Cat that the members of her former team have vanished without a trace, she and Bones join forces to investigate and uncover the diabolical plans of a nefarious bureaucrat and his surprising partner.

The first half of the book continues events from One Grave at a Time and the developments are original and intriguing, particularly the idea of a program for genetically engineering humans with paranormal abilities. Moreover, the scenes at the underground facility are action packed and nail-bitingly intense. Unfortunately, Madigan’s capture and demise are both anti-climactic and an obvious plot device for setting up the second half of the story. This is the point where things take a turn for the worse with a new and unnecessary villain as well as several transparent and rather cheesy twists that add very little to the overall picture and merely across as a convenient ploy for bringing the series to an end.

Another problematic issue is the references to events that occur in the Home for the Holidaysnovella. It irritates me when authors incorporate these into the main story arc as not all readers have access to these stories.

Cat and Bones’s relationship is a rinse and repeat of the previous books. Frost even makes use of a trope from an earlier installment when Bones supposedly dies and is resurrected. Really?! Were we expected to fall for that?

Most of the secondary characters from the series put in an appearance including Spade and Denise (whose contribution is outstanding), Kira and Mencheres, and Vlad and Layla (although there is a decided dearth of Vladness :0(. Nevertheless, the character who stands out the most is Ian and my one wish for the series is that Ian get his own book as I am eager to meet the woman who will bring him to his knees.

All in all, a satisfying end to the series despite the contrived plot points and saccharine moments. There are also one or two questions that remain unanswered such as why was Marie so interested in Kramer’s whereabouts and will the vampire council find out about Katie. Perhaps these will be addressed in the next Night Prince book. I certainly hope so. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
I LOVE Jeaniene Frost!! On top of being an amazing author she is an awesome person!! The Night Huntress Series is AMAZING!!! “Up From The Grave” is the final book in The Night Huntress series and even though I have had the book for some time I wasn't ready to say good-bye to Cat and Bones. And yes, I do know that they are fictional characters! :)

First off, I would like to say thank you to Jeaniene [ai:Jeaniene Frost|669810|Jeaniene Frost|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1310062695p2/669810.jpg] for ending the series with a book that did it justice. It is obvious by reading the book that the love for her characters came through in the words on the pages.

This novel had everything that we have come to expect from our Heroine Cat and her Beloved husband, Bones—love, adventure, trials, and justice. The trials that Cat and Bones endure throughout the series just goes to show that love really can win. Once I started reading this book I had a difficult time putting it down. I don’t want to give away spoilers, so what I will say is that this book is ultimately a fan’s dream of how a series should end. I would love to see a spin-off novel about Ian and maybe with a little luck a cameo by Cat and Bones.

For anyone who LOVES vampires and English men (accents) this series is for you! Every book in the series will have you reeling for more.

I will leave you with one of my favorite Bones quotes from “Up From The Grave”…. “Missed me, Kitten?”
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Up From The Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost is another fantastic story in the Night Huntress series. Cat and Bones have to save their friends from horrifying experiments and if they can't stop it, it could cause war between all undead. As with all her books, it is all out action, surprises, twists, turns, and shocking revelations when you least expect it! I can't say more just that if you are a fan, you don't want to miss this book. This book can also be read as a stand alone, she is good at filling you in and giving a good background for the person who has not read any of the previous books, so jump right in and enjoy. You will then want to go back and read from the start I am sure! What I do like about her books is that she has LOVING SCENES and not pure sex scenes. I hate it when I am reading and there are ten pages of sex and no action in the book. Frost shows the love between Cat and Bones much differently and I enjoy that and it is sexy yet cultured. Thank you. Enjoyed this book and look forward to the next, as usual! ( )
  MontzaleeW | May 13, 2016 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, HarperPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Müller, SandraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the fans of the Night Huntress series, thank you for letting Cat and Bones into your lives.

This one's for you!
Crunch. The sound was a relief.

There's always one more grave to dig.

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband, Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war . . .

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death . . . because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear—will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

There's always one more grave to dig.
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband, Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war.…
A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives - and those of everyone they hold dear - will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

When they discover that rogue CIA agent James Madigan is involved in a terrifying conspiracy involving genetic manipulation, Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones try to find a way to save their friends from a fate worse than death.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible