Fully Alive: Lighten Up and Live - A Journey…

Fully Alive: Lighten Up and Live - A Journey that Will Change Your LIfe (edition 2012)

by Ken Davis

191537,190 (3.63)None
Member:cherylcope
Title:Fully Alive: Lighten Up and Live - A Journey that Will Change Your LIfe
Authors:Ken Davis
Info:Thomas Nelson (2012), Hardcover, 240 pages
Rating:***
Tags:christian, nonfiction

Fully Alive: Lighten Up and Live - A Journey that Will Change Your LIfe by Ken Davis

This book gave me mixed emotions in more than one way.

Overall, Fully Alive made me both cry and laugh out loud. I appreciate both reactions and felt especially pleased when I reminded myself that, laughter truly is good medicine.

Another reason I had mixed emotions was because for quite a while as I read through this book I thought I had been tricked or deceived into what it was all about—what the topic or category of book this was. All the summaries that I had read from the publisher about this book said nothing about weight loss or fitness. It isn’t the topic that got me upset. I love that topic, being a weight loss coach! It was that it was so unexpected, kind of stuck in there in the middle, and several chapters of it.
To read the rest of my review go here: http://www.cherylcope.com/book-review-fully-alive-by-ken-davis ( )
  cherylcope | Dec 17, 2012 |

St Ireneaus said, "The Glory of God is man fully alive. That's exactly how you were wired to live.  Yet sadness, depression, feelings of apathy and helplessness often characterize our lives. We survive but not thrive. This book is a treasure map that leads from monotony to adventure.  From boring mediocrity to thrilling risk. Here are detailed directions to take hold of the power to live the kind of life you were created for and your soul longs for. Fully Alive uncovers signs of life that lead to physical, mental, social and spiritual empowerment.
Discover the adventure hiding in the middle of the mundane. Exchange the pain of unmet expectations for the joy of living with expectancy. Get unstuck and take the first step that will lead to a new body, mind and spirit. Kick guilt to the curb and experience real freedom. Drive a stake into the heart of your everyday fears and live again. Tap into a power that will protect you whether you're crawling through the valley or standing on the mountain top
Henry David Thoreau is accredited with saying, "Most men live lives of quiet desperation." Not you! Not today! Not ever!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:28 -0400)

St. Ireneaus said, "The glory of God is man fully alive." That's exactly how you were wired to live. Yet sadness, depression, feelings of apathy and helplessness often characterize our lives. We survive but not thrive. This book is a treasure map that leads from monotony to adventure, from boring mediocrity to thrilling risk. Here are detailed directions to take hold of the power to live the kind of life you were created for and your soul longs for. Fully Alive uncovers signs of life that lead to physical, mental, social and spiritual empowerment.… (more)

12 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,525,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible