Wicked Sense by Fabio Bueno

Wicked Sense

by Fabio Bueno

a very well developed story with all the elements you want: supernatural powers, witches, action, suspense, romance.
The story is told very well, and keeps you engaged. The book is fairly long and in the middle it felt like it dragged a bit, until the pace picked up. The last quarter of the book left me riveted and looking for the next book in the series. ( )
  katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |
Keeps you guessing and entertained

This was a very entertaining story. The characters are relatable and fun. Drake and Skye have a cute relationship and go through a few ups and downs while searching for the Singularity. ( )
  vickimarie2002 | Aug 3, 2015 |
Skye is witch with the charm of True Sight, among other, which makes it easier for her to sense the presence of another witch. Skye is called by the Sisterhood to use her gift in Seattle. This means moving away from her home in London and her movie-star mother. The Sisterhood needs Skye and her charms to track down the ‘Singularity’ a very powerful witch who may not know the extent of her charms and has the ability to mask her signature. Skye is planted in Greenwood High to be on the lookout for the Singularity, since witches come into their power at fifteen and the sisterhood has been searching for her for two years. As soon as Skye arrives on campus, she meets Drake. Drake is a little shy, but charming and a perfect gentleman. Skye shouldn’t be getting involved with boys while she is on a mission, but Drake might be the key to finding the Singularity.

I found myself liking this book more than I thought I would. The Skye and Drake felt very real and acted like normal high school kids that I would have been friends with, even though Skye is a witch. Neither of them are perfect and they both have insecurities. Though, there were some typical Young Adult trends, such as no parents present and never actually seeming to be in school, at least there were reasons for each. I liked that the story was told from the changing points of view of Skye and Drake; it made for a fast-paced read and gave me insight from each character about the other. I also thought that the explanation of witchcraft was pretty unique, not just magic, but more like a part of science that has not been fully understood by everyone yet. I was fully intrigued by the mystery of the Singularity as Skye and Drake try to track her down. I really did not have a clue of who it might be until near the end. I will definitely be checking out the next book in the series. ( )
  Mishker | Mar 14, 2015 |
This book was hard for me to read. It was very interesting however I just did not like having to jump back and forth with the POV’s. To me when I am reading I prefer to read from one POV not from two separate POV’s. However, please be aware that this is my opinion, to form you own opinion please support the author and acquire your own copy.

Growing up I was fascinated with witches. I would read anything about them that I could get my hands on. Every year I would read about The Bell Witch in Adams, Tennessee. The night witch coven makes me think about the bell witch and how she was always tormenting the family. No there is not any reference to The Bell Witch in this book.

The mother witches have moved Skye to Seattle from the coven. She is in Seattle to help find the Singularity to help keep The Veil from breaking. She has lots of problems and challenges during her stay.

Drake is a student in Greenwood High. He is not into sports but hangs out with a couple of jocks. He is carrying around a lot of guilt from something that happened in his past.

This is a great YA novel and I know many teens will connect with the characters. This is the first book in the series. Therefore, expect more to come about this story line and characters. I would of gave this book 4 stars, however I found some editing/grammar errors while reading.

Thanks for a great read Fabio.

The bunnies and I give this book 4 carrots.

I was gifted a copy of this book for review for a book tour. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book, which was surprising to me. I am usually not a fan of anything that falls within the paranormal genre. This book was definitely a paranormal book that I can enjoy. It is a cute story about two kids, Skye and Drake. Skye is a witch, sent to Seattle to track down the “Singularity”, a super witch. Drake falls for her, and together they try to save Skye’s coven from untold harm. I really appreciated the fact that the book wasn’t 100% supernatural stuff, and what was there was written very well. It was easy for someone like me to really enjoy this book. I liked the story, which I thought was very cute, but not the typical annoying sweetness of most YA books. It took me no time at all to get into this book, and it was a quick read. What helped me to be able to enjoy this book was its setting. It is set in Seattle, not some mystical world. The characters act like everyday people with the exception of a few having magical powers. It wasn’t so far out there that I couldn’t get into it. I also enjoyed that it was written from both Drake and Skye’s perspectives. This is a great YA book – easy to read, and easy to enjoy.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  LaurinLooLoo | Apr 1, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible