The Christmas Catch by Ginny Baird

The Christmas Catch

by Ginny Baird

Enjoyable, quick read with HEA

Cute story, with happily ever after ending. I like the widow with a child storyline! The twists with the secondary characters brings another dimension to the novella. Note: the story is only 2/3 of the book; rest is excerpts from other books in the series. ( )
  CRMJones | Jan 4, 2017 |
Nice, quick, festive read. Could have read it in virtually one sitting.

Light and fluffy. Knew Christine and John would end up together, liked that Ellen and Carlos got through too - reminded me a bit of When Harry Met Sally.

Didn't really need the epilogue, I would have been happy with them just hooking up, especially as I felt the proposal was a bit rushed. ( )
  ClicksClan | Dec 13, 2014 |
A delightful Christmas love story. I loved the characters. The plot and story line are great, especially considering this is such a short read. Well done. I will be looking for more from this author! ( )
  bettysunflower | Dec 29, 2013 |
The Christmas Catch
John Steadman is a college professor in a little town near Burlington, VT. He had helped tow Christine and her son Tyler out of the snowdrift along with his dog Mason.
They lived in Chicago but were house sitting for Helen, her boss and best friend. Christine White had lost her husband Dan in the war. She's an artist, graphic doing designs for a card company.
They do meet up again in town, shopping for groceries. John talks to his dog Mason and assures him he will ask her out. They went to the same college in NC. Helen told Christine to check him out online and ask him out...
Love the part where there is no TV and they have to play the old fashioned way, with puzzles, Lincoln logs, and books.
Over cocoa in town at the children's center she tells John of her dreams about work and they also have agreed to go sledding...
The story also follows Helan and her love interests.
I received this book from the author as a gift in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Dec 19, 2013 |

A struggling single mom meets a handsome bachelor in Vermont, after running him off the road during a snowstorm.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,679,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible