The Fullness of Time by Kate Wilhelm

The Fullness of Time

by Kate Wilhelm

I have read a number of books by this author; all features attorney Barbara Holloway. I was a bit skeptical trying a book with a different main character. Despite my hesitancy, I really got into this one. Wilhelm has a great way of making her characters come alive. At one point i became so emotional about one of the characters that I had to turn off the audio book while I was driving. It was different from the typical mystery books I listen to but nonetheless a good "read." ( )
  TGPistole | Aug 24, 2017 |
I listened to this book while doing some crafts. I enjoyed thinking about "what is time?" This book presented a believable theory about "time travel." I did not enjoy that the main population considered the "time travelers" to be "crazy," but it did make for an interesting story. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Dec 11, 2015 |
Hiram Granville secured more than a thousand patents during his lifetime, often just ahead of others who had already been working the same ideas. His son John, an economics genius, never lost a cent in the stock market--or any other financial deal--and was investigated for insider trading on more than one occasion. Now Cat, a documentarian; her researcher, Mercy; and Cracker Jack, an electronics whiz, are doing a film about the Granville clan. What they find as they research the family is madness, suicide, a seemingly total seclusion, and a frightening glimpse about what it means to peer into the future. Summary HPL

I listened to the mp3 version of this novella. I was under the misapprehension that Kate Wilhelm wrote only sci-fi. The Fullness of Time is more mystery than science fiction; a big light, and slow. I would rather have read about the Granvilles' jaunts into the future than the devastating effect it had on their lives.

6 out of 10. ( )
  julie10reads | Apr 28, 2013 |
A lengthy novella that ultimately disappoints.

...and a dramatic final shoot-out brings the story to an end, sweeping the sfnal elements under the carpet, rather than exploring them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,208,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible