A Body to Die For by Kimberly Raye

A Body to Die For

by Kimberly Raye

Pretty hot for a Harlequin Blaze title, "A Body To Die For" is Kimberly Raye's last book in her 'Love at First Bite' often humorous contemporary series about vampires in a small town in Texas. If you're looking for a humorous, quick, three book read (that will likely hook you on this author), you really should pick these up. They're just the thing for an afternoon pick-me-up!

Viviana is a vampire who's tired of the guilt she feels for having turned so many people. Even though they begged her to do so, she still feels lonely and empty. And now a pair of them are after her to put an end to her life and free themselves from the endless night, and Viviana is feeling just guilty enough to let them...but NOT until she treats herself to one last fabulous orgasm from the one man/vampire she's never been able to forget.

Garret has finally made himself a home and substitute family here in Skull Creek, Texas. He's also tired of the vampire life and has been searching for the anonymous vampire who made him. He plans to kill his maker and thus become a human again. Maybe then he'll finally be able to settle down and forget the sexy vampire he once loved.

Although there are a few humorous spots in this third book, the first two were much funnier. But I found I really didn't mind as Garret and Viviana's situation wasn't really one that lent itself to much laughter. They're both unsure of their feelings and each other and reading about the two of them making their way towards each other emotionally was just the thing. As a bonus, Raye gives us a glimpse of her next hero who's gonna have an interesting story I'm sure. He's already a werewolf, and now he's been bitten by a vampire. And I'm guessing it will be another humorous tale if the little I glimpsed holds true. "Once Upon a Bite" will be part of 'Blazing Bedtime Stories', a February 2009 Harlequin Blaze Valentine release. ( )
  jjmachshev | Nov 1, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373794355, Mass Market Paperback)

Vampire Viviana Darland is on a quest: to recapture the best orgasm of her almost-eternal life, before her impulsive past (namely the two revenge-driven vampires she created) catches up with her. Surely she's due at least one last earthly pleasure? And with Garret Sawyer, pleasure is always a sure thing….

Garret, a fellow vamp, has a hundred years' sexual experience under his, uh, belt…but he's never forgotten his first love, Viviana…or her bitter betrayal. So is he glad to see her? No. Can he resist giving her the screaming O she so desperately needs? Hell, no!

But Garret's on a quest of his own. He's this close to finding and destroying his sire, thereby regaining his humanity. Only, little does he guess his search will lead him right back to the woman sharing his bed….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:48 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible