October Baby: A Novel by Eric Wilson

October Baby: A Novel

by Eric Wilson

713168,809 (4)None

Hannah is in college, finds out that she is adopted and completely freaks out on the only parents she has ever known, leaving them in her dust to find the woman who tried to abort her and get some answers.

This is the reason I don't enjoy Christian fiction. It's forced, smaltzy, and lame. The main character is so irritating and whiney and self-righteous that I couldn't swallow any of it. The adoptive father is over-the-top protective, prying and suffocating to his daughter. She's an adult, for goodness sakes! This book is written on, I would guess, a sixth grade level. So, if you are a 12-17 year old girl, enjoy.

All said, I didn't finish this one and do not recommend it. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
October Baby is an emotional story about a girl named Hannah. She discovers that she is adopted and goes on a journey on figuring out who her birth mom is. Along the way, she has her good friend Jason, who is right by her side as she discovers a little more about herself. Some very sad situations and events but everything works out the way God intended them to. Very good read and I'm looking forward to watching the movie. Netflix just put this on Instant Streaming...yay ( )
  BeckyGandee | Nov 14, 2013 |
October Baby is a unique book because it examines abortion from the perspective of the people most affected--those intended to be aborted. Yes, the book is Christian fiction with a definite opinion about abortion, so if you don't enjoy Christian fiction or reading a novel that is pro-life might upset you, please pass on this. It's probably not going to be a good reading fit for you.

While the novel is clearly a movie-tie it, I do think it explores some of the characters motives much better than in the movie. We see through other eyes besides just the main characters, and I think that does add to the experience readers undertake with this novel. I also like how the love story gradually forms. All in all, I really enjoyed the novel, probably as much if not more than the movie. ( )
  MariaHooley | Mar 11, 2013 |
This is the novel, not the film

A novelization of the film. College student Hannah suffers increasing anxiety and a sudden collapse. She learns from her parents she was adopted and is the survivor of a failed abortion attempt. Embarking on a journey to discover her hidden past, Hannah finds that every life is beautiful, and that life can be so much more than what we might have planned.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,777,017 books! | Top bar: Always visible