The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard…

The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard (Coco Pinchard, #1)

by Robert Bryndza

Was pleasantly surprised by this. It's a bit Bridget-Jones-like in that the heroine is a 40something, chain-smoking, life completely topsy-turvy, loveable figure. She has a tenuous grip on reality and after discovering her husband in the arms of another woman has to find a way of reaching normality. With a band of equally dysfunctional friends and relatives this book takes us through a year in Coco's life. It's entirely written in e-mail form which I think may be the reason why I liked it - you don't read the replies but you know what they are all saying. ( )
  sashinka | Jan 14, 2016 |
Well what can I say about this book that,I must say,I fairly romped through. It made me giggle from the very start, I loved the characters and was rooting for Coco throughout all the disasterous incidents that befell her and her family / friends. The characters were brilliantly written and the way the book was layed out with the story taking shape via emails to her best friend worked very well, and reminded me very much of the Carole Hayman and Lou Wakefield plays 'Ladies of Letters'. I will definatly be reading more of Cocos adventures. ( )
  WWDG | May 6, 2015 |
A quick fast paced story plenty of laughs . The story is told through emails. A writer her Husband is a Producer leaves her for a younger women. Her book deal falls through. She shares everything with her friends via email her sorrow, pain, joy and hurt. Until she leaves her phone at a new boyfriends and he reads all the emails. Her life is in shambles. I laughed and i cried along with her. I look forward to reading more books by Robert Bryndza. ( )
  Georgiann | Dec 12, 2014 |
The Not So Secret Emails of Coco Pinchard is the first book from Robert Bryndza to feature the titular character, a forty something year old wife, mother and new author. It's Christmas and Coco is hosting the annual family lunch which includes her husband Daniel, who is late to the festivities, her near-adult son, Rosencranzt, David's mother, Ethel, and his sister and her husband, Meryl and Tony.

Related via a series of emails largely from Coco to her best friends, Chris, a wealthy trust fund baby, and Marika, a single and cynical schoolteacher with a fondness for wine, the reader is privy to the spiraling disaster that is Coco's life. Firstly her musical director husband announces he has signed a contract for a new tour, later she finds him in bed with his leading lady and hungover after drowning her sorrows, Coco makes an offhand remark in a radio interview that results in her being dropped by her publishing agent and her book, Chasing Diana Spencer, being pulped. It seems things can't get much worse when Ethel has a stroke and Coco is forced to take her in and her son is betrayed by his lover and arrested for drug smuggling. The one bright spot for Coco is meeting her handsome allotment neighbour, Adam, but even that is complicated, especially when Daniel returns, and wants her back.

The Not So Secret Emails of Coco Pinchard is a witty tale of domestic mid life crisis. There is a touch of romance, wry observation and lots of laugh out loud humour as Coco lurches from one disaster to another.
An entertaining read to provide an escape from the ordinary grind of life. ( )
  shelleyraec | Dec 2, 2014 |
  WWDG | May 29, 2014 |

Coco Pinchard was never a single thirty-something. She married young, had a son, and put her dream to be a writer on hold.

Now her first novel is published. Husband Daniel has greyed nicely into a silver fox, and son Rosencrantz is grown up. It should be time to enjoy life.

That is, until the annual family Christmas when her hideous mother-in-law Ethel comes to stay, and Coco opens her gift from Daniel. It’s not the jewellery she chose, but an iPhone. This marks the start of Daniel’s mid-life crisis and she catches him in bed with a younger woman.

The iPhone becomes a confessional of sorts, through emails to her friends Chris, an ageing trustafarian and Marika a slightly alcoholic schoolteacher. Coco documents her seemingly endless (and often entertaining!) run of bad luck.

Then she meets the hunky Adam and she’s back in the world of dating as a single forty-something...

Read the emails that tell the hilarious tale of Coco picking up the pieces, in this fun, feel good Romantic Comedy.

Robert Bryndza is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,093,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible