2:32 AM (The Djinn Master's Legacy, #1) by…

2:32 AM (The Djinn Master's Legacy, #1)

by Emily Ford

Recently added byJMHD1975, EinfachMich

I absolutely LOVED this book. The characters were so strong, real, likeable and I really wanted it to go on and on.... I adored the main subject. It was a story very well put together. Each one of the characters were developed so wonderfully.
This is a amazing story of Cat and her wonderful normal regular family. They have a lot of love and laughs and they don't always get along but.. they work it out. I walked with Cat through her school hallways and fell in love with her friends. I went in and out with her at home and discovered what she could decide to do or NOT do in becoming a special one. I felt her frustration in loving two guys in different ways and trying to figure out which one she should be with and felt the little bit of actual magic that tied it all together. This definitely will be added to my library. (after my daughter gets through reading it.)It did not end like I expected AND that is one thing I loved the most.
I was given this book by goodreads and totally appreciate the opportunity to read it, one of the best I have read this month. ( )
  denisa.howe | Mar 30, 2013 |
Readers will be amazed and enjoy the world Emily Ford shares in her magical young adult novel, 2:32 A.M.! Cat Townsend will charm readers with her fun-loving attitude and propensity to deal with the lemons life throws her way.

Cat's dreams have never been normal. Visions of people she doesn't know and of people from her past haunt her while she tries to make sense of it all. When Djinn Master Finnegan steps into her life as a mentor, her life becomes a miasma of confusion and hard decision-making. Ford takes readers on a walk throughout one of the most sensitive times of a teen's life and channels all the emotions and indecision into a wonderful, true character.

Though beginning in a relatively normal setting, 2:32 A.M. escalates in action, worry for the protagonist Cat, and above all, excitement for the mind-boggling changes Cat faces. Sometimes it seems as though the story is circling itself and not revealing any new information to drive the action forward, but those moments are few and far between. A world where magical powers can help a loved one's dreams come true, or give someone the ability to manipulate time, is a world many would love to experience. Ford hands the opportunity to experience that kind of world on a silver platter with the added bonus of an entertaining story!

Originally posted on Lovey Dovey Books
*Review copy provided through Netgalley for an honest review and blog tour purposes* ( )
  LoveyDoveyBooks | Oct 9, 2012 |
I really enjoyed Cat's story. I couldn't stop reading, constantly wanting the answers to the same questions she had. The plot was a bit predictable at times, but there were plenty of interesting twists and turns to keep you interested.

The love triangle was a bit stereotypical, but enjoyable all the same, although I did feel bad for the immortal boyfriend who can clearly never stack up to the irresistible Rolf.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a quick read that still gets you invested in the characters and the story so that you look forward to a sequel.

I would definitely read the rest of the series once they become available. ( )
  sar450 | Sep 21, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,758,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible